Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MS3-Pro Engine Management System.......anyone use it...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OEF14vette
I think that qualifies! Have to use what we have right?! What kind of vehicle do you have your MS3Pro in? And that's weird they wouldn't help you with your dead ms3, I have had extremely good customer service so far.
One is in a 69 Chevelle with a 402 LS2 with LSA charger, the other in the 52 International truck, LQ4 Lsa charger. The moteors are in the process of being swopped with the 402 getting twins. I have had belt issues and as the truck is my daily driver, I opted for the extra reliability (and power), of the twins. DIY were super cool about helping us with setup and tune, we had to stay up late to catch them at work though! However, on the repair it did not go beyond a few suggestions on what to test. Apparently there is no inhouse repair facility or such. The unit was in a 68 GTO 455 with twin prochargers and we had only just got it working, like three days when it wouldn't come on.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So there isn't an easy way to have the stock gauges work? I am not opposed to the tablet/racepak just didn't want it as first choice.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
So there isn't an easy way to have the stock gauges work? I am not opposed to the tablet/racepak just didn't want it as first choice.
"The Shop" in Nebraska has somehow done it. I saw them working on The Sketchy Vert on Youtube. Talked with the owner and he said he wasn't sure how they did it, but they do in fact work like stock.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there not canbus'ing I wonder if the gauges can be driven via generic pwm?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

MS3pro does have canbus though?

Not sure if there is a converter from 'MS3pro canbus' to gm class 2 or GMLAN.

Depending on the interest- I could put something together.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, megasquirt does do canbus. I don't know or understand exactly how it works with its packets of info, but I bet it's in the docs
Old 11-08-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by cajundragger
MS3pro does have canbus though?

Not sure if there is a converter from 'MS3pro canbus' to gm class 2 or GMLAN.

Depending on the interest- I could put something together.
Would this potentially interface with the 4th gen gauge clusters? I'm not sure what their data transfer type is called.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wish MS3pro did DBW.

If it did- I'd be all over it.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Its in development.

They told me that they wont release it until they are 150% sure its safe and reliable.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Would this potentially interface with the 4th gen gauge clusters? I'm not sure what their data transfer type is called.
it could.

I actually think it could do it very easy as its already 11bit bit at 500k, which is the same structure as late model GMCAN.

It may not even need an intercept module but just some smart programming within the megasquirt software.

I'm leaning heavy to MS3pro in my nova- but it won't be for a while until I'm up and running.

If someone wants to buy it and let me test- that would be great
Old 11-11-2016, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dburt86
Its in development.

They told me that they wont release it until they are 150% sure its safe and reliable.
when did you hear this?

I'm working on a multiple DBW solution for stock ls1 pcms right now- which could easily work standalone and interface the MS3.

so even if they don't release it- I'll have a solution for it.

If they do support it- it'll be nice as traction control and rev limit should be able to limit by TPS as well.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Ok. Dig this back up for a very simple.question for something I know I have seen and can not find now.

I need to setup my rpm shiftpoint on my shift solenoid. But for the life of me I cant find where its located in tunerstudio.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Are you looking for the rpm per gear feature? It's under general tab-shift light. There you can call out an rpm or do it by gear

I just setup mine this morning per gear, so my shift light won't come on again once I get into high gear. I'm running a Glide now and hope ms won't freak out with the odd rpm/mph
Old 04-22-2017, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

I'm running a glide so I don't need multiple shift points, spark cut, flat shift ect.

I could have swore there was a simple setting for a solenoid shifter where you just set the rpm for it, the output wire and your done. Simple setup. With everything this box is capable of you would think there is a simple rpm/shift point setting.

The only places I see to set it is in sequential shift cut, which doesn't seem like the place for a basic auto solenoid or co2 shift solenoid.

And I could use the shift light signal but then its going to engage the solenoid again once I get to the same rpm in 2nd gear, which isn't a problem I guess.

And the other is in the programmable outputs. I can set the output to engage with rpm but then the solenoid never releases until you get below the set rpm.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

I'm wanting to do the same thing sometime this year. My thoughts were the rpm shift light and I'll test the per gear setup. I have the 1-2 light coming on at 6400 and the the second gear light at 7200, hoping I'll cross the traps before then. I figured if the solenoid bumps twice it's no biggie

Afaik there is no feature for that, just a lockup output.

Ill take another look. I'm on the latest 1.5.beta1

Edit. I'm not seeing anything

Last edited by Nathaninwa; 04-22-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

I guess that would work. Set 1st gear and then all others really high so they ate never reached.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spoke with DIY Autotune at PRI this past year, and the new units now support both high and low impedence injectors, and they are currently working on the DBW solution. Thsi is the highest risk controller to be integrated so it needs built in fail safes and redundancies. If it wigs out and pins a throttle open, someone can die.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Taxman20
I'm running a glide so I don't need multiple shift points, spark cut, flat shift ect.

I could have swore there was a simple setting for a solenoid shifter where you just set the rpm for it, the output wire and your done. Simple setup. With everything this box is capable of you would think there is a simple rpm/shift point setting.

The only places I see to set it is in sequential shift cut, which doesn't seem like the place for a basic auto solenoid or co2 shift solenoid.

And I could use the shift light signal but then its going to engage the solenoid again once I get to the same rpm in 2nd gear, which isn't a problem I guess.

And the other is in the programmable outputs. I can set the output to engage with rpm but then the solenoid never releases until you get below the set rpm.
All you want to do is have the ECU fire the shift solenoid? That is very easy to do. I would use a solid state relay and set up one of the spare outputs to ground the relay at the desired RPM, MAP etc.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

I ended up using the shift set point and it works.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

I almost bought a solenoid for this coming weekend but ended up buying some other stuff with the cash. But kinda had a solution for the double shift potential. I'm running a quarter stick and have mounted a microswitch on its clover. One with a n/o and n/c wiring. With it in low gear the microswitch is pushed in, unlatching the n/c setup witch gives me boost table 1, kicking it into high gear releases the microswitch which closes the output and gives me tables 2, kinda a boost by gear setup. I figured can use the n/o side of the switch to the shift relay so while in low gear it has ground, but after shifting the relays coil will lose ground preventing it from firing again

Quick Reply: MS3-Pro Engine Management System.......anyone use it...?