Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MS3-Pro Engine Management System.......anyone use it...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default MS3-Pro Engine Management System.......anyone use it...?

I'm considering getting this, but I know nothing about it. It was suggested by a friend.

Anyone here use it...?
http://www.ms3pro.com/mspnp-pro.html#

LSx features:

VE based tuning
Speed Density, Alpha-N, MAF based tuning & blended algorithms
Up to 12 sequential saturated fuel injector outputs
Up to 12 cylinder sequential support
Any unused injector outputs can be used as high current digital or PWM outputs
Up to 8 sequential logic level ignition outputs
2D or 3D Table Views
The tuner can toggle between 2D or 3D table views with a single click
Individual cylinder fuel & spark trim tables
Table Switching
VVT Control (4 channels)
Generic Wheel Decoder allows for support of nearly any standard trigger/aftermarket trigger pattern. 60-2, 36-1, 8-1, 4-1, pretty much anything!
Supports 50+ specialty OEM and aftermarket ignition systems using factory cam/crank wheels and sensors.
Support for oddfire and evenfire engines
Capable of controlling evenfire, oddfire, piston, rotary, and even radial engines
Fuel Only Mode
Disables ignition output features for control of fuel injection only
Internal SDCard high-speed data logging
Traction Control - Multiple Strategies
E85 flex fuel sensor input
Compatible with YOUR wideband O2 controller.
Long Term Fuel Trim
OE Style automatic fuel trim to allow for changes in engine over time
High Power Time Enrichment
Allows for richer mixture after extended time in high power
Helps control cylinder and piston temperatures
Fully user configurable
Multiple Acceleration Enrichment Strategies
Staged Injection Control
Seamless transition to 2nd stage injectors for high power applications
Multiple user configurable strategies
Nitrous control strategies
Three-step rev limiter with flat shift
Trans Brake and Bump Box Control
No need for a separate box!
User configurable settings and reactions
Advanced Launch Control strategies
Digital switch based arming
Wheel speed based launch arming for rolling starts
Configurable timing retard after launch
Pit Lane Limiter
Speed limiter for pit lane, reduces engine power by spark retard/cut or fuel cut
Can limit based on VSS or RPM if no VSS input is available
Rally style turbo anti-lag with rotational idle
Allows cyclic fuel and spark cut
Controls idle valve and configurable outputs for external fuel or air supply
Boost Control - Multiple open & closed loop strategies
Sequential shift spark cut
Configurable spark and fuel cut during shift
Solenoid output control for air shifter/drag application
Automatic shift point mode
Configurable per gear delay
Idle Control - Multiple open & closed loop strategies
Water and Methanol Injection
Fuel Pump Control
Intelligent Knock Detection and Response - 2 channels
Multiple Engine Protection and fault mode strategies
Generous spare I/O for any standard/custom I/O needs
Spare analog inputs for external sensors
Supports standard automotive temperature or pressure sensors
Air Conditioner Control with feed-forward Idle-Up
Proactively increases idle vale duty cycle (PWM valves) or number of steps (stepper valves) before activating A/C compressor
Automatic compressor shutoff at programmable throttle position or RPM thresholds
Automatic cooling fan activation with A/C, user configurable
Cooling Fan Control
Programmable fan on and off activation points
Can be configured to run fan with engine running only, or when engine is running and not running
Feed-forward idle up for use with large, high demand fans
Configurable fan deactivation based on TPS or VSS
Alternator Field Control/Voltage Regulation
Multiple open and closed loop strategies
Configurable voltage and temperature monitoring
Separate target voltages for afterstart, normal operation, over run, and WOT
Warning lamp output if voltage is above or below target
Comprehensive Test Modes
Test all outputs for proper functionality and verify wiring before starting the engine
Controls all fuel injector outputs, ignition outputs, idle valve, and general purpose outputs
Outputs can be tested for on & off or PWM pulse functionality
Injector and spark disable mode, allows checking for suspected problematic cylinder by electronically preventing combustion event
CAN Support for I/O expansion - virtually limitless I/O capability!
CAN Support for 3rd party dash devices
Android Compatible
Self Calibration
Fully Enabled
Compact, Efficient & Robust Design
No Dark Current!
Field Upgradeable Firmware - enable newly added features with a simple firmware update!
Old 02-17-2016, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the MS3x Gold box by EFiSource. I like it, was simple to install and has all the features needed. Very similar to MS3Pro, similar prices etc, probably cant go wrong with either one. The only thing would be trans control, neither of these have that built in.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DailyGTO
I went with the MS3x Gold box by EFiSource. I like it, was simple to install and has all the features needed. Very similar to MS3Pro, similar prices etc, probably cant go wrong with either one. The only thing would be trans control, neither of these have that built in.
You can now add a microsquirt trans controller to the ms3 system. The Microsquirt and MS3 communicate over the canbus.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Banned

I figured I need to upgrade my 1998 PCM. I was going to get the dual tune capable 0411 PCM...I think its like $450.00
I think it needs to be re-pinned to operate with my 1998 car.....or buy a new complete wiring harness that costs $600.00

This Engine Management System is $1200.00

Old 02-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigmandengo
You can now add a microsquirt trans controller to the ms3 system. The Microsquirt and MS3 communicate over the canbus.
So my 1998 car.....

If I get the MS3-Pro and the Microsquirt....will I have everything needed to fully dyno tune the car and completely operate the 4L80E that I'm putting in...?

Or, should I just go with an 99+ 0411 PCM that has dual tune capability...? Is this totally sufficient for my 390ci with 18-20psi.....single turbo set-up.

Last edited by LS6427; 02-17-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I have been talking to EFI Source about their ms3 gold box package for my car. Mike there told me he didn't think e ms3 of any variety would be able to operate stock gauges. He said several people in older cars have swapped to Racepak setups and I have been gathering info about that.

You really can't compare the ms3 to a stock computer though. Nor can you to even a fully option Holley Dominator setup because the ms3 does more than both. So far the only other aftermarket setup I have found that matches most of the features of ms3 is ProEFI and that's almost triple the price.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive ran megasquirt on all of my personal cars and installed it in many customer cars.

Its the best bang for your buck, hands down.

Im currently running it on my lq4 that was on nitrous and is now almost done being twin turbo'd..

This car i choose the efi source gold box for a couple reasons.
1. it comes with a harness
2. its tailored around the LS so it has 8 injector and coil out puts
3. it comes with the usually extra money knock board add on.

Also, tuner studio is awesome. Its laid out really really well, and has a great search function and auto tune feature.

I dont think you really need the pro over the base unless theres very specific things you see that it does that regular ms3x cant do.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

im running ms3 gold box in my colorado
and a microsquirt for the 80e control together
and a racepak dash

mike is approx 30 min away from me and ive been using his products for years
Old 02-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by denmah
im running ms3 gold box in my colorado
and a microsquirt for the 80e control together
and a racepak dash

mike is approx 30 min away from me and ive been using his products for years
So if I get the Microsquirt and Racepak dash.....everything will operate like factory.....with the gauge cluster...?

Or will an 0411 PCM do me just fine with my set-up...

Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Launching!

piggybacking ms3pro into my car right now.
will be using nitrous control, two step control, no lift shift, and closed loop traction control with the t56.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ms3 gold box and microsquirt 4l80e racepak iq3s

I have a 98 s10 ls1 turbo swap running a 4l80 e. I originally used a 411 ecm and did a segment swap for the 80e. I used the gauge cluster from a s10 blazer so I had a tach and speedo. It was over 1500 for all the parts including Hp tuners. Then the very complicated segment swap to. Get it all working. I did get it up and running took 3 months of trolling the Internet for answers to questions I could not get. I did get it running with small tuning issues from the stock ecu. Mass air not failing and preventing the truck from starting. Trans control not shifting when I wanted. Dispite taking it to a professional tuner. Another 600.

I called mike at efi source he hooked me up with a ms3 gold Box PAP harness and a micro squirt PAP harness for the 80 e. I had it installed in 3 hours and running. I had to make a call to mike with some questions on getting the can buss connections working for the racepak iq3s but other than that it was pretty simple. I was able to drop a base tune in their provided buy efi source and it fired right up and ran. I then used auto tune and it dialed in the idle and base map for me. Took and hour drive. I then manually filled in the 110 kph and up tables and started giving it some boost. I then just manually pulled fuel out until it wasn't sputtering from being rich. Then I turned in closed loop and let the computer tell me how muck more to pull from looking
at the data logs. Pretty simple. I run a big stuff 3 in another car I have. For 1/3 the price the ms3 is every bit as good. And has more built in features then the big stuff base.
Call mike at efi source there good guys and very helpful. Tech support was also very good for a small company keeping cost down.

Last edited by autoaddictions; 04-17-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:44 AM

awesome! excellent to hear!
Old 04-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the base tune pretty sure it was on of yours.

Denmah did you get the MPH to work using the micro tied together with your ms3. I cannot seem to get the speedo to work threw the Can bus connection. Everything else works. I'm guessing since the micro is a second unit tied to the ms3 that it won't grab data. From both. i tried the vss output wire on the micro et to vss pulses per mile. 88,000 and hooked it up to the racepack with the speedo input wire. I did the learning process and it sort of works very inaccurate and wont go over 59mph. Called racepack they were no help.

Last edited by autoaddictions; 04-23-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

Does anyone know if the ms3 pro is capable of controlling 16 injectors? I see it says "up to 12 sequential" but I need 2 sets of 8 for dual fuel setup. 8 small injectors for cruising on pump gas and 8 larger injectors for alcohol when in boost.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:47 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jax326
Does anyone know if the ms3 pro is capable of controlling 16 injectors? I see it says "up to 12 sequential" but I need 2 sets of 8 for dual fuel setup. 8 small injectors for cruising on pump gas and 8 larger injectors for alcohol when in boost.
Yes it can, I'm doing it on my chevette, It runs 8 sequential and 8 batch fire.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by autoaddictions
I have a 98 s10 ls1 turbo swap running a 4l80 e. I originally used a 411 ecm and did a segment swap for the 80e. I used the gauge cluster from a s10 blazer so I had a tach and speedo. It was over 1500 for all the parts including Hp tuners. Then the very complicated segment swap to. Get it all working. I did get it up and running took 3 months of trolling the Internet for answers to questions I could not get. I did get it running with small tuning issues from the stock ecu. Mass air not failing and preventing the truck from starting. Trans control not shifting when I wanted. Dispite taking it to a professional tuner. Another 600.

I called mike at efi source he hooked me up with a ms3 gold Box PAP harness and a micro squirt PAP harness for the 80 e. I had it installed in 3 hours and running. I had to make a call to mike with some questions on getting the can buss connections working for the racepak iq3s but other than that it was pretty simple. I was able to drop a base tune in their provided buy efi source and it fired right up and ran. I then used auto tune and it dialed in the idle and base map for me. Took and hour drive. I then manually filled in the 110 kph and up tables and started giving it some boost. I then just manually pulled fuel out until it wasn't sputtering from being rich. Then I turned in closed loop and let the computer tell me how muck more to pull from looking
at the data logs. Pretty simple. I run a big stuff 3 in another car I have. For 1/3 the price the ms3 is every bit as good. And has more built in features then the big stuff base.
Call mike at efi source there good guys and very helpful. Tech support was also very good for a small company keeping cost down.
How easy was it to tune the trans control with the 80e and microsquirt?

How do you like the iq3s? Work pretty well for a street cluster?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Default Micro trans control

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
How easy was it to tune the trans control with the 80e and microsquirt?

How do you like the iq3s? Work pretty well for a street cluster?
Trans controller is very simple to use. It will come with a base tune that worked great for me. And I'm running very tall gears. 3.08s You tie the can bus connections together on the ms3 and micro when installing then you can combine them together and tune them both from the ms3 box.

The iq3s is a very nice unit as well. Everything is tied to the can bus if the ms3 so you realy only have to hook up power and ground can high and low to have a functioning dash. I did turn signals and high beam. Fuel sender ect. So it's like stock. I only have one issue. I can get the speedo to work thew the can or the speedo wire from the micro (Vss wire ). I've tired racepack tech they can't figure it out. I'm going to buy the racepack vnet GPS module and be done with it. That will give me mph.

Last edited by autoaddictions; 04-26-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by autoaddictions
Trans controller is very simple to use. It will come with a base tune that worked great for me. And I'm running very tall gears. 3.08s You tie the can bus connections together on the ms3 and micro when installing then you can combine them together and tune them both from the ms3 box.

The iq3s is a very nice unit as well. Everything is tied to the can bus if the ms3 so you realy only have to hook up power and ground can high and low to have a functioning dash. I did turn signals and high beam. Fuel sender ect. So it's like stock. I only have one issue. I can get the speedo to work thew the can or the speedo wire from the micro (Vss wire ). I've tired racepack tech they can't figure it out. I'm going to buy the racepack vnet GPS module and be done with it. That will give me mph.
Mine works I'll post how to do it
Old 04-26-2016, 10:42 PM

Old 04-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by denmah
Mine works I'll post how to do it
Please do. Mike at efi could figure it out either. Thanks denmah.

Quick Reply: MS3-Pro Engine Management System.......anyone use it...?