Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holley hi ram intake intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley hi ram intake intercooler

Is anybody running the 417 MOTORSPORTS A2W Intercooler on a street car? I was curious I may have to go another route on a truck I;m building if I cant get the rear mounted radiator to keep the engine cool due to possible air flow issues that may come up. Just thinking ahead if the need arises. Thanks Mark
Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Oh well-----I guess
Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Crusty Nova has had one on his car since day one I believe. He now has an LS-next setup that has been in the 7's. What other info do you need? Oh and he drives his car everywhere.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Depends on the application.

how much cooling do you need ?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies , AS for how much cooling I need I don't really know. I;m working on a twin turbo 5.3, just head gaskets, head studs, and valve spring change, stock l33 other than that. I was hoping to eventually run occasionally up too 18 to 20 psi. I have a front mounted intercooler and the radiator is going under the truck bed. I was trying to look at other options if the rear mounted radiator doesn't cool the engineand have to put it back up front. 33 ford truck so I'm very limited on space. It will be mostly a street vehicle and once in a while make a few drag passes as well as drag week. thanks again for the info and reply
Old 02-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Launching!

I would look to keep the engine radiator up front and run a 417 IC with the IC heat exchanger/radiator in the back for that with fans. Engine temp should be top cooling priority and inlet temps second. It is easy to reduce timing/hp as IAT's rise, but harder to maintain engine temps once they skyrocket. Also a ice tank could be utilized if A2W in back. This all depends on how much street performance you would like vs track performance.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

It may end up that way before its all over but this was something that I wanted to try. I'm going to try a few things when I get to that point and see what happens. Your right on all accounts but I love to tinker and experiment on stuff, maybe that's why it never works out, lol. thanks for the reply
Old 02-26-2016, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by typhoon1015
I would look to keep the engine radiator up front and run a 417 IC with the IC heat exchanger/radiator in the back for that with fans. Engine temp should be top cooling priority and inlet temps second. It is easy to reduce timing/hp as IAT's rise, but harder to maintain engine temps once they skyrocket. Also a ice tank could be utilized if A2W in back. This all depends on how much street performance you would like vs track performance.
The street performance is top priority for this build

Quick Reply: Holley hi ram intake intercooler