Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

denmah mega squirt challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 06:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default denmah mega squirt challenge

Hi Denmah,

I've been following your builds and posts on the mega squirt for some time.

I'm wondering if you know anyone who has run a megasquirt on a c5 and conquered splicing into the factory C5 wiring harness.

I have a haltech, and it occurred to me if they are piggy backing in, the megasquirt would too. I have some help on the wiring diagram which should lead in the right direction

lots of c5 guys run the dominator and a few more are running Haltech, but are any tuners taking the plunge with the megasquirt??

FYI

I was helping out the ZR-1 guys (Ron H. and Corey H.) of the "Raptor camp" and they actually made a plug and play ZR-1 Megasquirt full conversion where they replace the factory ECM completely.

the downside is the integration with the factory dash stuff. Gauges all work but there is no interface for the security system, mileage, and a kinda insignificant stuff. works very well!!

here too I think the "piggy back" approach might be better to support integration with the factory stuff with no real downside.

thanks for any thoughts! the ECMs for the old ZR-1 is very specialized as it has 16 injectors but the megasquirt is doing great with it!

boost a muv~!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

People have been piggybacking MS into pretty much every vehicle now for years and years. I don't see why you have to make a separate thread for this calling out Denmah.

It taps into the C5 harness pretty much the same way it taps into any other car. You take over fuel/spark and tap into signal from cam/crank, etc. Nothing special just because its a C5.

For someone that already claims to have an 800whp TT C5, you've been asking a lot of ridiculous questions lately.

Last edited by JoeNova; 03-02-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeNova
People have been piggybacking MS into pretty much every vehicle now for years and years. I don't see why you have to make a separate thread for this calling out Denmah.

It taps into the C5 harness pretty much the same way it taps into any other car. You take over fuel/spark and tap into signal from cam/crank, etc. Nothing special just because its a C5.

For someone that already claims to have an 800whp TT C5, you've been asking a lot of ridiculous questions lately.
claims? you have no clue what I have but you sure seem to like to follow me around and crap on my threads. sorry you find my questions "ridiculous"

if you don't like what I'm asking move on. so since you are so smart how many C5s have a megasquirt on them? show me an example since it's so easy and "has been done" and you know so much about it.

I don't disagree that it's possible and sorry you feel I'm calling him out, it's a playful challenge and why don't you let denmah respond if he feels offended.

didn't ask for your opinion and since you only want to belittle me how about cutting it out???

I normally don't engage folks who do this but I believe this is a "public" forum and your comments are both out of line and not appreciated.

I have 3 corvettes

A Lingenfelter ZR-1 (former president of ZR-1 club)
TT Z06 Tiger shark (want some pictures??? how about a ride?)
and a C3 with small block chevy

wanna bet me??? you seem to insinuate I don't have a TT car which I find comical. so put your money where your mouth is.

put up 5000 and come to Alex Va and you can ride in all 3.
My money is ready right now smart guy and I can use what I win to get my projects moving! Let me know when you are ready to bet. cash is waiting for you since you know so much. easy money for me.

I'm always exploring options, new technology, and no I'm not nearly as smart or as you I can just tell.

so how about you quit sniping my threads huh?

not everyone is an omnipotent genius like you so we learn by collaborating.

let me know when you want to come visit, cherry blossoms will be out soon.

have a great day!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Wow. Butthurt much?

You can't blame a guy for being skeptical when you come and ask a dozen questions in a few days that are overly reminiscent of a teeneager with his first LS, and then promptly acts like a teenager with his first LS when someone starts to question him.

I'm just saying, MS piggybacks a C5 the same way it does any other LS and almost any other engine in general. No reason to call out a moderator and call it a 'challenge'.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

so questions about turbo engines 6 bolt blocks and upgraded head studs are teenager stuff huh

ok. you are drawing way too many assumptions about what I'm asking without answering anything so if you want to talk about butts or something I really am not interested thanks anyway.

I'm experimenting with 4.8 and 5.3 engines ok, and I've just taken apart an engine I'm not familiar with yet.

I'd like to put together a few engines (and have already with parts I bought and assembled with a bit of help from a machine shop)

and I'm going to build a few more of them.

I thought that's what these discussions are about but you seem to want to filter my threads so party on

but since that makes me a teenager I guess I should feel good about it
Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rkreigh
so questions about turbo engines 6 bolt blocks and upgraded head studs are teenager stuff huh
Yeah they are... you might wanna be a little more humble because most people in this forum can school you (and I)
Old 03-03-2016, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It 's a shame this thread took off up like a 78 Eldarado with a JATO rocket strapped to the roof... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JATO_Rocket_Car (If I remember reading it when it came out it was a Olds, but you get the idea)

I didn't take the OP aparently the way it was meant or taken by others.

I'd like to learn more about the integration with the dash inputs & what not...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

all I'm asking is if someone has put a megasquirt on a c5 and might have some experience with the wiring and pinouts.

I know it can be done as I stated in my post. so who if anyone has done it?

it's a much cheaper alternative to a dominator or haltech, and has some nice capabilities.

sorry for the use of the term "challenge" it's NOT a call out. Denmah has been super helpful and lead me to the question.

if my questions are sophmoric or show lack of experience, schooling is most appreciated and the intent of the question.

experience from those that have been there done that is all I seek.

thanks!
Old 03-04-2016, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if I'd say mega squirt is much cheaper than a dominator when you price everything out. People seem to forget you need a separate WB02 controller, trans controller and a injector driver or mods to the system to run low impedance injectors. It all adds up and the support for Holley is everywhere.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
I don't know if I'd say mega squirt is much cheaper than a dominator when you price everything out. People seem to forget you need a separate WB02 controller, trans controller and a injector driver or mods to the system to run low impedance injectors. It all adds up and the support for Holley is everywhere.
I think this stuff gets overhyped a little bit. Sure you need a wideband controller but that means you buy a full PLX kit vs just the sensor. It doesn't have trans control but integration into one box I have read is being worked on.

I don't think many run low impedence injectors anymore.

The ms3 also does more than the Holley does. It'll control boost based on ethanol content. It'll do traction control. It has IMO easier to use software. If it is to be compared to something, compare it to PROefi as that's the cheapest one I've found with all those options. Holley is almost there but they are too interested in nickel and diming the end user to death to really perfect what they have.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been researching both the micro & mega now for some time.

OP, I'm glad you made it clear your intentions.

Like I said I would love to know more.

PM me if you have some info or vids to share.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gtfoxy
I have been researching both the micro & mega now for some time.

OP, I'm glad you made it clear your intentions.

Like I said I would love to know more.

PM me if you have some info or vids to share.
thanks for the feedback. I'm very impressed about the capabilities and value of the megasquirt stuff.

I watched them in the early days with the DIY kits when I was building turbo buicks. the megasquirt stuff has really come a long way and is amazing.

I think with the factory manual and can figure out the wiring harness and where to tap in. I've even heard of setting it up so your can revert to the factory ECM if needed.

Quick Reply: denmah mega squirt challenge