Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Eldelbrock Eforce charger flow test

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eldelbrock Eforce charger flow test

For those that are interested I pulled the lid off my eforce, then pulled the coolers out for a look at the entrys into the intake runners, I noticed 7 were the same and 1 entry back left hand side of charger was totally different than the the other 7, the other 7 entries go straight down and the back entry goes in sideways I guess how you'd describe it, I'll try and get pics up soon. To me this poor shaped runner looks kinda odd, only way to tell was a flow test.
I went to a local reputable shop with a flow bench, first of all he flowed my stock LS3 head and the it flowed 325cfm at 600, then he bolted on the supercharger and flowed it it again, there was a drop from 325cfm down to 305cfm which I expected due to the shape of the intake runners on the Eforce charger, then he flowed the odd shaped runner and flow dropped to 265cfm., given the flow difference on that rear runner I wont be using the charger on my LS7.

I've got a built LS7 with trickflow 255's on it, and they flow about 360-370cfm from memory, the eforce wont let my trickflows flow to there full potential.
Even with positive pressure I'd think that rear runner will still flow less.

I've never personally tuned a eforce on an LS, but some other tuners I've spoken to say the eforce doesn't take much timing when using normal 93 octane gas.

Whats other tuners experiences with the eforce on an LS?

Quick Reply: Eldelbrock Eforce charger flow test