TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It' says it on the dyno sheet. 17.82
Old 04-28-2017, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
It' says it on the dyno sheet. 17.82
Ahh my bad I was looking at it on my phone in the vehicle.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
To the folks that say the intake sucks.

Is that supposed to mean anything?
Old 04-29-2017, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Not at all...
Old 04-29-2017, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I really don't see why there is so much hate on this intake. We are talking about a big cubed v8 it doesn't need help making torque down low. I bet the difference in torque down low is negligible enough that you can't even feel it. Also people want stupid money for used factory intakes so why not buy this and have a better looking intake.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Oh and then on the other had when it's a billet version made by some major company that cost 5k it's somehow better. I think not. Just a bunch of budget haters in here.
The following users liked this post:
CPFIREBIRD74 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-29-2017, 05:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Oh and then on the other had when it's a billet version made by some major company that cost 5k it's somehow better. I think not. Just a bunch of budget haters in here.
Pretty much. And neither seem to offer dyno proof against other intakes to prove how good theirs perform. No big deal with a cheap intake, but if spending $3, $4, $5k, you'd want some serious proof it is ******* fantastic !

Although another thread about a Holley intake not sealing, using cheap crap o-rings and general poor quality, would raise concerns.

How many of these are out there, and what is the quality really like ? And do they use OEM style o-rings or some dodgy ***** ?
Old 04-30-2017, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

This ^ I know there are better intakes out there no doubt but you come to a cross roads between cutting up your car or big $ and I simply can't afford to pay 3-4K for a intake. I'm a average joe with a normal job and family It took me 6 months to buy good heads now I gotta buy a intake that cost more then those not happening, or I hack my car up and no I'm not defending this intake but when your at a standpoint oh this versus a used factory intake it makes it seem attractive, would I put it in a NA motor no but a boosted application why not.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Just wanted to be clear. This intake did not require the cowl to be cut. The very back of the cowl needed a little bit of massaging to accommodate engine movement. I had to trim a bit of my hood to clear the eBay 105mm throttle body, but nothing on the exterior side of the hood. The gaskets supplied are shitty but you can use OEM gaskets.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my ICT intake in this morning. Might not be able to test it at the dyno tomorrow since it came in so late, I'll try to get it ready.

The ICT TB is really nice, and the packaging was good.

Overall the intake looks cool, but there's some area's I'm a little disappointed in. Specifically, where the runners meet the mounting flange. The transition isn't very good. I plan to smooth this out before I test the intake. Other than that I think it's pretty impressive for the price.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guarantee you there is a huge difference in area between the Frankenstein billet piece and the Holley.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Martin Smallwood
I guarantee you there is a huge difference in area between the Frankenstein billet piece and the Holley.
I will agree with Martin here, I wish I could afford a billet piece its just simply not in my budget but there was a thread in here somewhere I seen awhile back with a off the shelf intake and a billet I believe the billet had higher hp/tq curve and carried the power better, don't hold me to that though. And I also can't bring bring myself to cut my cowl for some other intakes out there as my local track highly frowns soon no wipers in true street class.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Just a bunch of budget haters in here.
Nope, just a bunch of sponsor bag lickers. If so-and-so didn't port their intake or CNC their heads and hand blend the bowl with the golden **** of their ****, spec their cam with proprietary magic unicorn lobes, or have elves cobble their headers you just aren't fit to play here.

This place is so vendor-centric it is nauseating at times. You can put your finger on it that every 3-5 years a new thing will come out, but it isn't a new-best-thing until some vendor farts on it and gives it their stamp of approval.

Folks reading at home are all budget guys - the builds we see here represent 0.001% of reality. My own included.

Last edited by mOtOrHeAd MiKe; 05-05-2017 at 03:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CPFIREBIRD74 (04-28-2020)
Old 05-05-2017, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Doesn't it fly directly in the face of "budget" to buy a $530 intake and a $200-500 throttle body when the intake has not even proven itself better than a stock LS1 intake? Someone put this in the 7's in the quarter mile and then it would at the very least be comparable to stock. Otherwise its a waste of time and money.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Also people want stupid money for used factory intakes so why not buy this and have a better looking intake.
Stock LS3 intake is like $236 on Rock Auto.

When I forge/stroke mine engine I will look hard at theis intake.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

The intake is also a show piece. It looks very nice. Only drawback I've found so far is that it gets hot from heat soak, but I'd imagine every single aluminum intake will have this issue.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:59 AM
9 Second Club

As would any plastic intake. It's bolted to a hot engine....it's going to heat soak.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

A little bump to this thread.

Whilst I kind of knew they would be ****....sitting bored over Xmas...seen Holley had a bit of a sale on, so decided **** it and ordered one.
Ebay's global shipping program helps massively with sensible postage charges.

Open box...all shiny, not too bad. Fuel rails look decent, their brackets look ****. As does the piece of fuel pipe they expect people to use between them I guess.

LS2, 90mm fitment on cathedral ports.

Fit is pretty bad to be fair, it looks like it hasnt been welded with each bank in correct alignment, so the fixing bolt holes on each side are nowhere near in the middle, aligned correctly...however you want to describe it.
But the bolts will go in.

Then looking down the ports, same issue from the above. One one side the step between manifold/head is very apparent.
Looking down the injector hole, again, not great as the head face is visible a little, but ultimately not actually a problem.

Really the only way to fix the alignment would be to slice right down the middle of the intake, re-align then weld it back together.....probably a bit much work really.

As for flange to head....whether this is the correct angle in the Vee or not...not sure on that. It doesnt look great, but then most intakes I've had when sitting loose didnt look great either. This may....would damn well need to improve when bolted tight.

The supplied o-rings are also feel like very poor quality, but I bought some better quality ones anyway as expected them to be crap after others mentioned about it.

Not really a glowing review anyway lol
Old 01-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
A little bump to this thread.

Whilst I kind of knew they would be ****....sitting bored over Xmas...seen Holley had a bit of a sale on, so decided **** it and ordered one.
Ebay's global shipping program helps massively with sensible postage charges.

Open box...all shiny, not too bad. Fuel rails look decent, their brackets look ****. As does the piece of fuel pipe they expect people to use between them I guess.

LS2, 90mm fitment on cathedral ports.

Fit is pretty bad to be fair, it looks like it hasnt been welded with each bank in correct alignment, so the fixing bolt holes on each side are nowhere near in the middle, aligned correctly...however you want to describe it.
But the bolts will go in.

Then looking down the ports, same issue from the above. One one side the step between manifold/head is very apparent.
Looking down the injector hole, again, not great as the head face is visible a little, but ultimately not actually a problem.

Really the only way to fix the alignment would be to slice right down the middle of the intake, re-align then weld it back together.....probably a bit much work really.

As for flange to head....whether this is the correct angle in the Vee or not...not sure on that. It doesnt look great, but then most intakes I've had when sitting loose didnt look great either. This may....would damn well need to improve when bolted tight.

The supplied o-rings are also feel like very poor quality, but I bought some better quality ones anyway as expected them to be crap after others mentioned about it.

Not really a glowing review anyway lol
What intake did you have before Steve?? And will you be using this?

Quick Reply: Holley Sniper intake review