Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ysi world record !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
And is that not another reason to show dyno's are bullshit ?

They are a tuning tool....before/after gains on a tuning session. That is correct usage and gains/losses seen will be valid data.
I do agree .. I usually just use the dyno to get a base line of where were at, then go out on the road to do some data logging. I won't lie the dynojet is just kinda braging rights
Old 06-04-2016, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by xLBx
Im banned on CF
So who made this thread then?
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...hers-dyno.html
Old 06-04-2016, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you read his first post, it explains he is my big brother Colin. I am "LB" who was banned from the Corvette Forum. He has a c5, c6z & c7z in the video out front.

I don't see to many people posting backup to their outlandish claims
Old 06-04-2016, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will gladly retract my claim if someone would be so kind as to prove me wrong ... I was told by an employee at Vortech this was the highest recorded dynojet they had seen with a YSI as the only power adder.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any information on build. How much boost, what fuel, etc. etc.

Nice numbers but not a world record for sure, not to mention what others area saying...........dynos are tuning tools. All different and really not comparable.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

380ci 3.625 Stroke 4.130 Bore 10:1 CR
Mast Black Lable LS7 Port Cylinder Head
8.5 Lower 2.7 Upper YSI Billet
Running approx 25psi on Q16

Old 06-05-2016, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

That bore and stroke puts you at 389 cubic inches FYI. Nice numbers for sure, but you sound like a total douche and so does your friend. Guaranteed the highest hp ysi is a class car that would put that down through an auto and go 170+ at weight. The reason you never see those cars put up dyno numbers is because they don't mean **** when your unit goes 7s at 170+. You want to be internet famous and have a gang of nut swingers? Take that thing to a drag strip or half mile event and put it on kill.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

C'mon guys...let's give him a break...our dynos are metric up here.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantrules
C'mon guys...let's give him a break...our dynos are metric up here.
LOL I always wondered was a Metric ton was more than a US ton. METRIC POWER CORRECTION
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slowsol95
That bore and stroke puts you at 389 cubic inches FYI. Nice numbers for sure, but you sound like a total douche and so does your friend. Guaranteed the highest hp ysi is a class car that would put that down through an auto and go 170+ at weight. The reason you never see those cars put up dyno numbers is because they don't mean **** when your unit goes 7s at 170+. You want to be internet famous and have a gang of nut swingers? Take that thing to a drag strip or half mile event and put it on kill.
Listen buddy ... I smashed down some sweet *** dyno's numbers with my turbo c5, took it to the track went 8.40 @ 170 first pass on an old tire. Gained respect ... NONE. Lost friends MANY. So lets just set the record straight that I smash on the street, at the track, and on the dyno. Why would you discourage people from posting their results of any kind on the LS1 forum ?
Old 06-05-2016, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My mistake 388ci
Old 06-05-2016, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xLBx
My mistake 388ci
There is nothing wrong with posting your numbers online, nobody is discouraging that. What people have a problem with is every Tom Dick and Harry coming in and claiming some bs record of the highest hp blue corvette with center exit exhaust on gas on a Thursday before noon. It doesn't mean anything, and makes you look like the guy who got picked on in high school and is now seeking validation from the world in any capacity you can get it. You put down over 1100 whp in a street car, that is nothing to scoff at. No need to artificially inflate yourself by claiming a dyno record. No offense man, but I can see why you got a lifetime ban from CF.

Last edited by slowsol95; 06-05-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Since you brought up the tt c5 I'll address that as well. Saying that your tt c5 went 8.4 @170 mph in the quarter will definitely impress most people, it shows that the thing is making some steam. But to a real enthusiast who loves the sport, I see a car with an expensive engine package and a chassis that is lacking. You're at minimum a half second off where you should be optimizing that set up and getting the chassis sorted out for all that power, and the fact you only ran it once shows you really dont care to optimize the set up. Not sure what friends you lost or what respect you gained, but no drag racer is going to swing from the nuts of a car that traps 170 and only goes 8.4 lol. But it's obvious you're no real racer or enthusiast, you are all about that dyno number and trap speed to be able to brag to less knowledgeable people. And that is all fine and good, just don't get online with your chest poked out strutting around and expect people that know a thing or two to suck you off. Just stick to bragging to Honda kids.

Last edited by slowsol95; 06-05-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Since you brought up the tt c5 I'll address that as well. Saying that your tt c5 went 8.4 @170 mph in the quarter will definitely impress most people, it shows that the thing is making some steam. But to a real enthusiast who loves the sport, I see a car with an expensive engine package and a chassis that is lacking. You're at minimum a half second off where you should be optimizing that set up and getting the chassis sorted out for all that power, and the fact you only ran it once shows you really dont care to optimize the set up. Not sure what friends you lost or what respect you gained, but no drag racer is going to swing from the nuts of a car that traps 170 and only goes 8.4 lol. But it's obvious you're no real racer or enthusiast, you are all about that dyno number and trap speed to be able to brag to less knowledgeable people. And that is all fine and good, just don't get online with your chest poked out strutting around and expect people that know a thing or two to suck you off. Just stick to bragging to Honda kids.
You make a huge assumption the car is a dedicated drag car with that statement though ?

Some people race for fun, and couldnt give a **** about turning a car into a drag car...and lets face it, a C5 would be a great all rounder and turning it into a drag car would destroy some of that
Old 06-05-2016, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

You make a huge assumption the car is a dedicated drag car with that statement though ?

Some people race for fun, and couldnt give a **** about turning a car into a drag car...and lets face it, a C5 would be a great all rounder and turning it into a drag car would destroy some of that
I'm not assuming anything, it's very obvious the car is no sorted out drag chassis. But he brought it up bragging about how quick and fast it went, Im bringing him back down to reality. Look at this guys recent threads started. One of them is fastest IRS corvette in Canada, and the other is trying to claim that his 8.4 @170 is the fastest LS FI car PERIOD. WTF lol Anybody who is even remotely an LS drag racing enthusiast knows damn well 8.4 doesn't even get you in the top 50 of fastest FI cars lol
Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm not assuming anything, it's very obvious the car is no sorted out drag chassis. But he brought it up bragging about how quick and fast it went, Im bringing him back down to reality. Look at this guys recent threads started. One of them is fastest IRS corvette in Canada, and the other is trying to claim that his 8.4 @170 is the fastest LS FI car PERIOD. WTF lol Anybody who is even remotely an LS drag racing enthusiast knows damn well 8.4 doesn't even get you in the top 50 of fastest FI cars lol
Did he claim it was ? Presumably that claim is elsewhere, as it's nowhere in this thread ?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Did he claim it was ? Presumably that claim is elsewhere, as it's nowhere in this thread ?
I just said look at his recent threads started, that would indicate the claims would be elsewhere, in another thread.... The guy is ignorant enough to start a new thread in 2016 with his name and details under the number one spot of a thread titled fastest FI car period, that alone tells me and everyone else all we need to know lol
Old 06-05-2016, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...hlight=phatkid
Old 06-05-2016, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm gonna say there is nothing wrong with posting up numbers and being proud of them. I am not the type to care if it's a record or not, or even close to one.
I also have a vette that makes that kind of power ( probably more if I wanted to make a glory run) but it is not a race car. I don't know if I will ever run it at the track and its time probably wouldn't reflect the hp number just because it not set up for the track.
Dyno numbers don't mean much since there are so many variables but it is nice to see what others make with similar blower combos.

If the op just drops the "world record" talk this thread might have been more productive.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Realcanuk
I'm gonna say there is nothing wrong with posting up numbers and being proud of them. I am not the type to care if it's a record or not, or even close to one.
I also have a vette that makes that kind of power ( probably more if I wanted to make a glory run) but it is not a race car. I don't know if I will ever run it at the track and its time probably wouldn't reflect the hp number just because it not set up for the track.
Dyno numbers don't mean much since there are so many variables but it is nice to see what others make with similar blower combos.

If the op just drops the "world record" talk this thread might have been more productive.
The reality is the "World Record" talk pushed my video to over 1000 views on youtube in 24 hours. My impressive 8.4 @ 170 IRS video still has about 300 views in the last 6 months. I think its funny that a little chest pounding would inspire the haters to suit up for battle.

Quick Reply: Ysi world record !!