Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

98-02 Camaro Front Mount Getting Hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 526 Likes on 408 Posts

I know right, when its 90+ people are dying up here lol. In the 90's it never overheated just almost got up to 220 which isn't that bad really. I just like to have a little extra insurance for the heat, in case I decide to drive the car on Power Tour or to the Bonneville Salt Flats. I got a ripping good deal in the radiator and I already have the oil cooler setup so why not you know?
Old 06-30-2016, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 526 Likes on 408 Posts

Okay so I was able to get a test run in the other day when the temps were about 85 degrees. I would've liked hotter but the news said that would be the peak so I went with it. I drove the snot out of it all day with the AC rolling in peak heat, here's the break down.
30 mi highway drive-sat in traffic for 10 minutes-temp didn't budge
Parked
30 mi highway drive back with two 100+mph boosted runs-idled for 20 minutes while loaded up the kiddo-drove to the store in town w/ traffic-got to 190 degrees maybe-oil pressure showed signs of getting hot.
Drove back home about 15 minutes with another in town boosted run to 70 mph - pulled up to the house and still 190 degrees or less.
Never turned off the AC, I think its safe to say the engine temps are under control but I will still be adding the oil cooler because the oil still seems to thin out with the long drives and heat. 15w-40 delo got down to about 30 psi by the end.

Quick Reply: 98-02 Camaro Front Mount Getting Hot