Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Reply To Rob Raymer Re: ARE 404...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 06:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueFirehawk
So what. Why do you think he pulled his money out of this web site? Everyone knows why because Raymer always had to come in and defend himself. So he pulled the plug on his funding to the site. I guess he decided to pull the funding to the NvS, ls1tech organized event. I'm glad he didn't show up there. Means he better have been working on my car getting her ready. Right Rob??
Rob had already been removed from the listing as a sponsor here when he made the agreement to be the primary sponsor for NvsS. Tom Kempf and Rob made that agreement outside of this site. LS1TECH did not host the event, Tom Kempf did. They just use the LS1TECH series class rules.

As for "funding" this site, I have accounting records going back for the last two and half years showing that LS1 Motorsports/QMP was very late in paying us nearly every quarter (1-2 months late, sometimes 3 months late), and in the last quarter as a sponsor here we never even received a check from Rob. So, I don't have much sympathy for these "paying sponsor" comments. We figured it would be less hassle to get paid with Rob gone, and so far we have been right. He can keep his money.

Not paying the event sponsor dues seems almost expected from Rob.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The event was today, and is now completed, but Rob never sent a check in. So of course, payouts will be much less for the winners.

Any truth to this series of events Rob???????
Payouts will be exactly the same Tony. I agreed to sponsor the event, and will keep my word. There, I've said it publicly. Happy?

However, I have received multiple emails from people over the last 2 months that have been telling me not to sponsor the event. That they knew for a fact that PSJ and "others" have intended to publicly attack me at the event with "discussions" such as the one going on here and now. Several of the people who have told me this are actually Moderators on this site, and have sent me copies of threads from the Moderators section that would confirm this. When I told PSJ that I would bring those emails to the event, he said that I "would be banned from this site forever if I did". I even have a copy of the IM session with PSJ where he said this.

I have always liked and respected Tom Kempf, and since I was told by Tom that it was "his" event, and not LS1Tech's, I was willing to sponsor it. I have since been told that this is not the case. Rather that LS1Tech actually benfits from the race sponsorship money. I don't know if this is true or not. Frankly, I'm having a hard time believing anything I hear lately.

Tom will have the sponsorship money this week. If not, you can post on here and bash me some more. You guys are getting good at it! In fact, I'd say the Admins are doing a wonderful job setting the standard for public bashing. (of course I'm only basing my opinion on the last two posts regarding me)
Old 06-19-2004, 06:32 PM
WARNING! Bad Seller Alert

Hey Rob, Im new when it comes to turbo's. How did you get the 88 turbo to fit using the log set up? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

You know what...screw you Tony! I supported this site since the day of its' inception. And not just monetarily. But from your post, that seems to be all you people are interested in is the money. I spent hours upon hours nearly every night for the last 2 1/2 yrs sharing our progress with this site. And some people actually appreciated it. Did you EVER not get paid for a month of my advertising??? The only month that I "owe you for", is the last month. NOT THE QUARTER. Stop making it sound worse than it is. So I owe you $125 you say. But IMHO, I don't feel as though I even owe that. Why?? Because the last month I sponsored this site you let the bashing on me run rampid. Which was why I resigned in the first place!

Everything was fine here until you two had to get so arrogant and above everyone else because you were both building FI cars, and "owned a website that brings in $140K/yr". Big friggin' deal.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Hey Rob, you were supposed to overnight that sponsor check to Tom nearly a month ago, REMEMBER???

I see this "offer" from you now to cover the sponsor funds as an attempt at buying your reputation back. You knew the date of the event, you knew the amount for sponsoring the event, and here we are with an event that is OVER and still no check.

I'm not bashing you Rob, I'm "telling the truth".

1. You were always late on your sponsor payments, and we had to contact/call/email you multiple times to pay, every quarter.

2. You didn't send that event sponsor check when you agreed you would.

FACT Rob, not bashing. I think you have a hard time distinguishing between the two.

As for LS1TECH benefiting from the Event Sponsor checks, I'll gladly tell you that is bullshit. Tom Kempf organized the entire event, we only supplied the class rule structure.

Also, I've seen the PM's/emails between you and PSJ, and you are no damn angel Rob. I don't see how arguments between yourself and PSJ have anything to do with you fulfilling your agreed financial obligations. For every bad thing PSJ has said to you, there has been a Rob Raymer comment sent back that wasn't any better. Sometimes I think BOTH of you guys should just give it a rest. I'm tired of your innocent act Rob, if you had not handled so many things shady in the past you wouldn't find the need to defend yourself. How many other sponsors have had frequent problems with members as often as you have in the history of this site? I can only think of one other former sponsor.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
You know what...screw you Tony! I supported this site since the day of its' inception. And not just monetarily. But from your post, that seems to be all you people are interested in is the money. I spent hours upon hours nearly every night for the last 2 1/2 yrs sharing our progress with this site. And some people actually appreciated it. Did you EVER not get paid for a month of my advertising??? The only month that I "owe you for", is the last month. NOT THE QUARTER. Stop making it sound worse than it is. So I owe you $125 you say. But IMHO, I don't feel as though I even owe that. Why?? Because the last month I sponsored this site you let the bashing on me run rampid. Which was why I resigned in the first place!

Everything was fine here until you two had to get so arrogant and above everyone else because you were both building FI cars, and "owned a website that brings in $140K/yr". Big friggin' deal.
Rob, I never bashed you. I agree that PSJ and you sure do not get along though. Thats HIS deal with you. Just because John is an admin/owner doesn't mean he can't have his opinions of you. Likewise, just because you were a sponsor that didn't keep you from being opinionated.

As for me building an FI car, what does that have to do with this??? I sure don't engage in these childish FI drama know-it-all threads or try to dispute anyones claims or knowlege. I'm not trying to build the end-all-be-all FI car, its more of a show piece. Don't try and group me in with the other cry baby leghumpers, flamers, bashers, drama queens, etc... that hang out in the FI forum. I'm not in that group at all, and never have been.

Rob, it isn't about the money. You are just a pain in the ***. Drama surrounds you lately. Controversy follows you around. Its WORTH not making the extra $125/month from QMP to not have to deal with you.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy ****, what are your expenses each month, ya gotta be making a killing! 125/mo * 94 sponsors?!?!?!
Old 06-19-2004, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I see this "offer" from you now to cover the sponsor funds as an attempt at buying your reputation back.
Yea, I want all 46 people that showed up to like me. We get more people than that on a Friday Night at the local Dairy Queen.

And as far as being late on paying for advertising, I was only as late as you guys were on handling the constant MM/Warbird/RICE PETR bashing posts. Ever thought about that?

So PSJ only went 10.4?? All hype I guess....
Old 06-19-2004, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Holy ****, what are your expenses each month, ya gotta be making a killing! 125/mo * 94 sponsors?!?!?!
You said it. Their expenses are less than $1000/mo. Divide that between 3 owners...you do the math. And people wonder why they're so cocky....
Old 06-19-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't costing them almost 12k a month to run this site. I guarantee that Not taking sides just saying there IS a profit from this site. I've been in the internet hosting business enough to know. Go on with the drama, its actually quite humorous reading the crap you guys throw at each other.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

While I have your attention in here Rob, how goes the progress? You guys going to have the hawk done this weekend? Send me e-mail at cyberrob@hotmail.com if ya like or AIM me at BlueFirehawk02

-rob-
LS1Tech Co-Founder

We do pretty well on this site, thanks to sponsors that actually pay on time, and a dedicated staff that treats this place like home. Of course, when we started this site nearly 3 years ago we never imagined it would grow as quickly as it has. And, it is still growing!

I know you are a big fan of Robs, and we do not have a problem with that. Nobody here has really questioned Rob's expertise and knowledge on turbo LS1 setups. I've always thought Rob did an excellent job of research and development work on turbo LS1 stuff. He has shown some excellent results throughout the years, no doubt. He has also shared this info and tried his best to help others out. All good stuff.

But, that doesn't mean he treats all of his customers the same. That also doesn't mean he answers the phone or returns calls like he should. That also doesn't mean he pays his bills on time. I'm sure he has his reasons, but we don't have to agree with them.
On The Tree

If LS1Tech was so into the information aspect of this, as they pretend to be, you would think that maybe they would start paying their Moderators something for doing all of the work.

And unless you're the Speed Shop trading parts and engine builds for advertising, you'll never get the support of the Admins. I learned first-hand what happens when you don't cut one of them a good enough deal on parts.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
If LS1Tech was so into the information aspect of this, as they pretend to be, you would think that maybe they would start paying their Moderators something for doing all of the work.

And unless you're the Speed Shop trading parts and engine builds for advertising, you'll never get the support of the Admins. I learned first-hand what happens when you don't cut one of them a good enough deal on parts.
HAHAHAHAHA. Good one Rob. Tell me how many other message boards pay their moderators? Here is a lesson for you Rob, the moderators here LOVE to help out on the site, they support the community, and enjoy being a part of it. If we had to have a paid staff of moderators, surely we wouldn't require 60+ moderators like we have now. We "promote" members who are active and helpful or knowlegeable to become moderators. Moderators also get smoking deals on parts and services from most of our sponsors. If our moderators were not happy, how come they stick around?

You have also learned first hand that poor customer service will hurt your reputation. Which Admin "needed" parts from you Rob? Its not like we don't have 90 or so other shops we can get parts from. There you go with the damn innocent act, never taking any blame for the actions lately on yourself. Here is an idea Rob, imagine YOU as being the problem sometimes.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

There we go...back to the old "******* Tony" we all know and love.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I will say this before I sign off... if you are patient enough with Rob, he'll always get back to you and if you are polite with him, he will always come through for you. I've had my problems and Rob has come through for me. So until otherwise, I just wont be able to relate to all of your opinions of QMP because my experience has been a lot different.

Take care, and Rob, get off the internet and watch some UFC!!
Old 06-19-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is ******* a word a professional business owner would say in public??
Old 06-19-2004, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by granitemonkey
Is ******* a word a professional business owner would say in public??

The thread is public.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard CEO's of software companies curse in my meetings, so .. . yeah it is. lol.

Quick Reply: Reply To Rob Raymer Re: ARE 404...