Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hey JoeNova

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Hey JoeNova

Tried to pm you but it came back with an error.

What brand purple washer fluid do you use and where do you get it?

I'm buying a car I used to own back from a guy that's living in PA. The car has been tuned on 93 with 50/50 boostjuice. We only have 91 premium here in oklahoma, and the snow methanol kit on the car has seen better days. It has the old style pump on it and the fittings are leaking. I may replace the pump, not sure yet. But I would prefer to run the purple washer fluid (all ive come across mention 35% methanol) you mentioned and 91 octane. Do you foresee any issues with this and not retuning? The car was tuned on 93 and the methanol was sprayed on the final couple pulls and is setup as more of a safeguard - NOT tuned on the ragged edge of the capabilities of the meth injection. TIA - Ryan
Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

I also tried to pm Joe and couldn't do it. Not sure why.... but he is a very helpful guy on here. We need more guys like him on this site. Hope he sees this thread...
Old 08-05-2016, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I read in another section that he got his PM and signature privileges revoked. I believe it was due to non-sponsor advertising/pricing, but not 100% sure.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

That sucks he's one of the few people that ever have anything useful to say.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Yeah I offered to do someone swap for them.
Can no longer send/receive PMs, edit posts, view attachments, or use a signature.
Maybe if you guys keep posting directed threads like this I'll get PM privs back LOL.

To answer your question, any -40 (F or C, they are both the same temp at -40) washer fluid is 46% methanol by volume. Most "De-Icers" are over 40% by volume.

My favorite though is Reflex Ice which is 52% by volume, but its a Canadian product so its not easy to find for those that live in the southern states.

Rain X De-Icer (yellow, not orange) is -40 rated (46%), Armorall De-Icer is -45 (50%), etc.

The purple stuff is Splash Ultimate. Its just over 40%, sometimes I would throw in some HEET (yellow bottle, pure methanol used to remove water from fuel lines) to bring it over 50%, but my AFRs didn't change at all between this and the Reflex Ice, and its cheaper. You can get it at Menards for 1.89/gallon when its on sale. Normally its just under $3.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

My personal cell number is 1-662-317-1968.
However I THOUGHT in a private message you can/could discuss prices or non sponsors.... after all we are here to enjoy cars and help one another.

Hit me up anytime and keep me on stand by
Old 08-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!! That's ridiculous.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Photochop, bro we got E85 everywhere in Moore now, why not switch? If you don't wanna mess with retuning I understand, but the Oncues are popping up everywhere with it on tap.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

Dang, Joe, I didn't know you were an outlaw-your a bad man, lol
Bummer, you are a good guy, hopefully they will parole you soon
Old 08-05-2016, 03:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by drecpt83
Wow!! That's ridiculous.
x2 that's some bullsh!t... sounds like he was just trying to help someone.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

I haven't seen Joe say anything negative about anyone , nor curse or use racial contents towards a member on here. That should not be tolerated.

Every time he makes a post it's giving advice or answer technical questions. I myself have learned a little bit about turbos from this guy even tho im a all motor guy he is a nice guy to talk to. I say make his membership here where he can receive private messages to help other members. Everybody is not smart as this guy when it comes to turbos.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
X3 Not the first time it has happened to someone In this section. They seem to **** off a lot of people who provide good content. Better content + more views = more money....

Old 08-05-2016, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

I thought I pissed him off! Lol!
Old 08-05-2016, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Yeah I offered to do someone swap for them.
Can no longer send/receive PMs, edit posts, view attachments, or use a signature.
Maybe if you guys keep posting directed threads like this I'll get PM privs back LOL.

To answer your question, any -40 (F or C, they are both the same temp at -40) washer fluid is 46% methanol by volume. Most "De-Icers" are over 40% by volume.

My favorite though is Reflex Ice which is 52% by volume, but its a Canadian product so its not easy to find for those that live in the southern states.

Rain X De-Icer (yellow, not orange) is -40 rated (46%), Armorall De-Icer is -45 (50%), etc.

The purple stuff is Splash Ultimate. Its just over 40%, sometimes I would throw in some HEET (yellow bottle, pure methanol used to remove water from fuel lines) to bring it over 50%, but my AFRs didn't change at all between this and the Reflex Ice, and its cheaper. You can get it at Menards for 1.89/gallon when its on sale. Normally its just under $3.
Sounds good man I'll keep an eye out for a sale on that stuff. I just wanted to make sure to use the one with less additives. I'd rather use one with methanol and water and thats it.

Originally Posted by MM98
Photochop, bro we got E85 everywhere in Moore now, why not switch? If you don't wanna mess with retuning I understand, but the Oncues are popping up everywhere with it on tap.
Yeah I live a couple miles away from the one on 4th street that has e85. I may have the car tuned on it, but honestly I don't know if i have enough injector for it. I think I'd have to bump up my base fuel pressure to make it work. The system consists of two walbro 255s, stock feed, 6AN return, and the car currently has 60lb injectors in it. I have a walbro 450 and a set of 80lb siemens deka injectors I could swap in. When it's all said and done I'd like to see 750+ to the tire after swapping the pcm to a 99+ and pushing around 18psi thru it. Currently the car won't make that much power, it has a small turbo on it and it doesnt make much over 600 (small T70, stock ls1 intake, stockish cam). I may see what it'll do with pump/meth and then try E later on after swapping heads/cam/intake/turbo to a 7875.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

yeah its really common practice on IB boards. they are all about that money! anyone who appears to threaten the revenue stream gets they pee pee slapped. damn shame they do it under the guise of "the ls1 community"

i stopped posting fabrication photos in my threads as i'm just creating more content for them to sell ad space on. and charge vendor fees on top of that!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

i did too. im the guy doing a wheelie on my mtb with a frog face over my face lol
Old 08-09-2016, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by drecpt83
Wow!! That's ridiculous.
You wouldn't feel this way if you were one of the sponsors paying to advertise on this site.

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Posting pricing and using the PM system to solicit business are activities of someone trying to use the site to generate revenue, not just "help other members". This is clearly outlined in our non-sponsor solicitation policy. There was nothing innocent about what led to restricted status here.

Originally Posted by truckdoug
yeah its really common practice on IB boards. they are all about that money! anyone who appears to threaten the revenue stream gets they pee pee slapped. damn shame they do it under the guise of "the ls1 community"
First of all, these policies were in place long before IB bought the site. I've been here since literally day one, so I'm well aware of that fact.

Secondly, I'm not sure why you would think it's OK for a member to use this site to generate revenue, free of charge, for their business. How is that not "all about money" as well? What makes any one business deserving of free profits from this site when sponsors are paying fees to keep the site alive and running?

Ultimately, our policies are not up for debate and are absolutely not new/not a product of IB. There is a big difference between providing helpful content and using the site to generate revenue for free. It's unfortunate that some folks are only able to see one side of this.

JoeNova is more than welcome to provide advice and helpful discussion in this section and on this site, just like any other member. PM access is not required to be an active and helpful member, if that is really the only goal. However links to personal pages, contact information, or anything that appears to solicit business will not be allowed.

Quick Reply: Hey JoeNova