Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

rebuild incon turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question rebuild incon turbos?

hi, it's leona can anyone tell me the best place to put a seal in the turbos? is anyone having a seal leaking problem on there incon twins?the motor is ok. and i put a walbo oil pump to pull the oil back out, so it shouldn't be that. any help help, thanks leona maddux.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fws98ws6tt
hi, it's leona can anyone tell me the best place to put a seal in the turbos? is anyone having a seal leaking problem on there incon twins?the motor is ok. and i put a walbo oil pump to pull the oil back out, so it shouldn't be that. any help help, thanks leona maddux.
Talk to John Craig at Limit Engineering. www.limitengineering.com

Gary
Old 06-20-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

people that I have talked to have sid that some oil is normal. If it is blowing big clouds at WOT then there probably is a problem with them. If it is just oil in the intercooler and intake lines, then it is probably normal.

-Geoff
Old 06-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fws98ws6tt

I used John Craig at Limit Engineering too. Quick turn around, he knows the ins and outs of the custom incon turbo's.
Mine are rebuilt and I sometimes get some light smoke on cold startup if I don’t idle the motor for a few minits before shutoff the night before. I think the leftover oil in the turbo coke up inside and burn off the next startup. I dont have the oil cans under the turbo's. I think they give the oil some room to drain out of the turbo on shutoff. They sit low so I ditched them.
Looking into a turbo timer setup that runs the car for 3 minits and the oil pump for another 30 seconds.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

i think it just needs the seals put in it ,one of them is leaking to the out side,the pump that was on there was going bad for awhile ,it may have put to much press on the seals? i am only running the lowest boost i can run,i think it w
s 10lb i have a ex that's mostly wide open.yes there is alot of smoke,you could use it for a mosquito bomb,it's that bad! thanks leona

Quick Reply: rebuild incon turbos?