Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New build

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 529 Likes on 373 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default New build

I finally decided to restart an old project. The STS kit from the 2004 GTO is sold and will be replaced with a custom front mount single. The basic layout will be a stock driver side manifold feeding through 2.5" tubing to a 2002 4.8L truck manifold flipped upside down and forward rewelded as a log on the passenger side. I haven't decided how much to enlarge the truck manifold for log duty. The hotside will go through a Turbonetics 76/68 turbo to a 3" downpipe. The plan from there is to put a boost controlled cutout before merging the single 3" downpipe into the factory(ish) dual 2.5" system. I have a Nasty performance sumped and baffled tank, along with the best A1000 that 2007 had to offer when I first planned this build. This will be feeding 60# SD injectors with a boost referenced regulator. I will post results when available. This will be a street only M6 build. Since my drivetrain is upgraded to the point that my T56 is definitely the weak link, I'm hoping my choice of turbo will keep me from pushing past the limits of my 6 speed. Also, I'm interested to see the effects of a smallish turbine both through a full exhaust and an open cutout. Almost forgot. The engine is a stock 5.7 with a FAST 90 intake, Nick Williams 90 TB, ported 317 heads, and a 226/230 .569/.572 cam.

Quick Reply: New build