Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A and A Vortech sc on 02 vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A and A Vortech sc on 02 vette

Hi guys,

Brand new to the forum. Looking for information or experience any of you might have on installing an A and A sc on a LS1 corvette as far as performance, pros cons etc?. Let me start by saying my wife and I take the car on weekend trips so not really looking to add anything besides the sc. Don't want it any louder and don't want to wreck the mileage. Just want it to have more get up and go when i get on it. Looking at having Speed Inc. out of Schaumburg, IL do the work. So anybody that has experience with this shop I would like to hear what you have to say. $7500 complete with sc install, boost a pump, new injectors and tune? Sound ok?

Thanks fellas.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used Speed Inc. but as far as the A&A kit goes, I think they're hard to beat. I've had ATI's kits and A&A's and I much prefer A&A. IMO the quality of the entire kit would be hard to beat, it ALWAYS performed flawlessly, I daily drove the car and raced it on the weekends. I never had one issue with any part of the kit. The tune is everything as far as drivability and how long it will last. It sounds like you'll be keeping it pretty conservative, the car should last forever with a good tune.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A&A is a great kit for what you want. As far as a good price ask him to break it down for you and see what your money is getting you. $7500 seems kind of right with a I think the blower kit is around 5k, injectors depending on what kind can be 300-800, tune is usually 500, boost a pump I think is 200 but I could be way off on that one and then the final install cost which would come around a 1k. Hopefully that includes the crank pinning kit as well.

The pros are it won't affect drive ability unless the mess up the tune, it will make probably 480-525 depending on their Dyno and the day and so forth, and you should not hurt reliability as your not really spinning the blower hard not being hard on it.

Cons once you get into it a few times you will get the go fast itch. Haha

Quick Reply: A and A Vortech sc on 02 vette