Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need different ideas for bov/wg/bc routing

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need different ideas for bov/wg/bc routing

I have a single t4 turbonetics turbo with a eboost street controller, xspower waste gate with a side and top port , and a xspower 50mm bov with a top port. What is the best way to route these together ? I am running a catch can setup routed to the drivers side valve cover , into can, then back too the intake manifold right below the throttle body. The filler cap has a breather installed. Before I had the pcv valve still hooked to passenger valve cover with just a breather after it, and it built boost fine. I removed the pcv , and installed just a breather on the back passenger valve cover. Now my waste gate is staying open at idle , and the car reads zero vacuum on my boost controller . Is this because of the added vent and less restriction with no pcv valve ? Should I just cap the back passenger valve cover to restore vacuum? The wastegate is in perfect condition as I disassembled it too see if it was sticking and it isn't . Thanks in advance
Old 11-10-2016, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

So my gate started staying open at idle and I couldn't figure it out . Car built boost originally , and pulled hard.. after a turbo rebuild,it wouldn't close .. needless to say I'm a complete idiot , and never installed the fire ring in my gate 😡😡 well I don't even understand how this thing was building boost at 2600-2700 rpms without it , or even staying closed!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

At least you figured it out, you'll never forget that again!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah , I had help working on it. The fire ring fell out of the wastegate and my friend never reinstalled it . I literally pulled the gate apart 3x and could see nothing wrong with it
Old 11-11-2016, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it happens. If you dont know what it does or that its suppose to be there, you would never know until you had issues.

Quick Reply: Need different ideas for bov/wg/bc routing