Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stock GM ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 06:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Stock GM ECU tuning

I am building a pickup with a 6.0, and have the stock harness and ECU-I plan on adding a Procharger later, but while the engine is out adding a Z06
cam I have-how far off will that throw the orig tune, I know I need the Vats rem. I know from using the Holley HP in my Buick anything I did thru the tune off into another fuel cell, not sure how the factory stuff works.
Using the stock ECU was sort of a budget deal for it, knowing I cant tune it myself now-I know there are ways to tune it, HP tuners, etc, is that expensive? Can it rem. vats, that could save me a little as opposed to sending it out. Then when I add the Procharger it would need retuned.
Your thoughts, I am figuring in using the ECU as part of the cost of buying the engine, If I end up not using it, I prob would but the money I would spend on the 6.0 into my 5.3 and an aftermarket ECU.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yea u can remove all the vats and codes with hptuners. U should be able to tune that cam pretty easily. I would get what u want like heads etc and tune for everything at once and be done. Every lil thing u add later will need some sort of tuning done. But if u get the NA tune pretty dialed in it will help with boost because u will mainly be focusing on the boosted regions if this makes since lol.

Quick Reply: Stock GM ECU tuning