Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

E85 vs 91octane; how much power is left on table with 91?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein View Post
91 octane has supported 600+ rwhp for a while, no need for E85 or meth in your case.

E85 allows more boost and timing along with a larger tuning window but your goals are far below that need.

Don't listen to the guy saying boost is boost when he doesn't run E. When you want big power then you make the jump.
I have only been forced to deal with west coast "craptastic" 91 octane once. It wasn't pretty. I had to remove as much timing as I would normally pull for east coast 87 octane. This probably includes summer/winter fuel variance, but it still means that a lot of these questions are very regionally specific in regards to the tune.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between Denka 80 and Desk 160, how is the ability for having fine tuned tuning?

Because my car is off road, being able to fine tune off idle is critical. Would 80lbs allow better refinement at expense of total hp?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E85 vs 91octane; how much power is left on table with 91?

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: