Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going lean @WOT

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

i'm not very familiar with the mast efi

but here's a list of things I'd do

post this up in the pcm & diagnostic section. there are some very friendly and experienced tuners there willing to share info

make some clean pulls and read the plugs.

verify wideband is accurate

boost reference the fpr
Old 06-05-2017, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Exactly. I think wb is junk . New one will be here weds. I had it in a gas soaked rag and it started reading rich , then all of a sudden went lean. It was really black when I took it out. Hopefully I can do some clean pulls and read plugs this week end. And yes I will boost ref the reg.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I. Changed the wide band, problem solved! I've been messing with this thing for a week. The WB seemed like it was working. Idle and cruise were fine. It was only during WOT that it would look like it was leaning out.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Your fuel system is still not correct. You need to set that up correctly bc your PCM is fueling with an inaccurate fuel number.

Regulator must be boost referenced! AS already stated the fuel pressure is set to 65psi, at 10psi your fuel pressure is really 55psi squirting out of the injectors as you have 10psi of pair pushing back on the fuel. Your system is running fine bc they have compensated for the drop in fuel flow/pressure... but its not correct.

Your values dont need to change in the fuel injector flow lbs area, if your boost referenced the number will always be the same with and without boost. Except you will read lower in vacuum but that doesnt affect boost 100kpa+. I bet if you were to reference your regulator you would be running way rich without changing the tune... manely bc your spraying 10psi more fuel.

How old was the bosch 4.9 WB02 sensor? I've had my innovate 4.9 sensor installed for 2 years and have no issues with it.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I asked them. When I set it up if I should boost reference the reg. I was told no. I'm really not sure how they are controlling fuel ,if you look at my VE tables, I'm only @ like 90 % @WOT . I've been pulling fuel out up top, trying to lean it out. Right now it's around 10.7 w/meth on.. ill plug reg in this week end and see what happens. This is my 2nd 4.9. Sensor. Prob because it was running so rich. I think this is a modified ls9 tune. It says mast ls9 ego

Quick Reply: Going lean @WOT