Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

flowtech manifolds or similar

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowtech manifolds or similar

When using either the cheap Ebay, flowtech or OBX turbo headers, are they ONLY able to face up and forward? or are they able to be mounted down and forward? Common sense says that the engine mount would get in the way, but from the pictures ive seen it looks like it may clear. Anyone out there ever try it? havent seen any pictures oh people doing it that way that arent using motor plates.

p.s.
im not running AC or Power steering.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Bump

Any info?
Old 06-08-2017, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Bump

Any info?
Old 06-09-2017, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm guessing the turbo headers are for a 4th gen F-body? I would contact Holley, Summit, and Jegs and ask them or try and find measurements to see how far away from the block they sit and how far down. For $200 or less for bare stainless or $300 or less coated you could always return them if they don't work. It's a PITA to return but it's not like your asking about a $1,200 item.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JosephIV
I'm guessing the turbo headers are for a 4th gen F-body? I would contact Holley, Summit, and Jegs and ask them or try and find measurements to see how far away from the block they sit and how far down. For $200 or less for bare stainless or $300 or less coated you could always return them if they don't work. It's a PITA to return but it's not like your asking about a $1,200 item.
chances are that's exactly what I'm going to do but I figured I'd get on here and ask some people just in case they had already known the answer. Apparently no one else is kind of thought of this or tried it at least. but none the less the only dumb question is the question not asked

Quick Reply: flowtech manifolds or similar