Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost ref. LS6 fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Boost ref. LS6 fuel rails

I got a killer deal on an LS 6 intake with stock fuel rails, TB, no injs.
The fuel rails have the stock reg., as I remember the filter had the return in it. How are you guys boost ref the fuel pressure with the reg on the fuel rails, can you gut the stock reg, and run a boost ref return style reg.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That piece between the rails is a fuel pressure damper, not a regulator, leave that alone. I believe the fuel filters with built in return have the regulator built in. Use a regular non return fuel filter. Remove the shrader valve in the driver side rail and connect the regulator to that using -an4 fittings. I used an4 to an6 to fit my regulator. Then from the regulator run a line back to the return line that the filter was connected to, I used 3/8" copper/nickel alloy. tubing.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

I was going to dead head the fuel rails, put a fuel sensor where the shrader valve is-with a larger pump would the shrader valve be a large enough of a return
Old 07-20-2017, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally had my fuel pressure sensor on the shrader too. After installing the brfpr I just put the sensor on the regulator. Using the shrader valve as a return works fine for many of us. I was a little concerned at first, but after doing a little searching I found that the stock lines have been used many times and run well into the 9's with no problem. My car is a street car, self tuned on e85, fuel pressure is set at 65 psi.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by snksknr
That piece between the rails is a fuel pressure damper, not a regulator, leave that alone. I believe the fuel filters with built in return have the regulator built in. Use a regular non return fuel filter. Remove the shrader valve in the driver side rail and connect the regulator to that using -an4 fittings. I used an4 to an6 to fit my regulator. Then from the regulator run a line back to the return line that the filter was connected to, I used 3/8" copper/nickel alloy. tubing.
this is correct. Regulator is in the tank.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Just run your supply and return to an aftermarket regulator. Then plumb a dead headed line form the regulator to the OEM fuel rail. That way you aren't limited on the return line size and you can run a boost referenced regulator at normal fuel pressures.

I like to add an additional -4 feed from the regulator to the pressure port on the rails too.

Like this.
Attached Thumbnails Boost ref. LS6 fuel rails-fpr-line-routing.jpg  
Old 07-21-2017, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Could you tap into the schrader port with the BRFPR and use the EVAP line as a return?
Obviously the EVAP would be disabled.
What would you do about the regulator in the bucket?

Quick Reply: Boost ref. LS6 fuel rails