Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Making the jump to FI

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Making the jump to FI

So ive decided to go FI. I have a 434 superdeck 4 bolt 4.155 bore. Im thinking im going to go procharged with f1a-94. I will drop the compression with custom je pistons to a little under 9.0:1. Im swapping my oem ls7 heads with some TFS ones. Already have BTR springs. My main questions are where can i find some ls7 inconel valves? At what point should I consider 1/2 head studs? Im going to send the block over to katech to install piston squirters so i will probably have them install the pistons as well. I can easily drive it to texas speed but they dont machine for piston squirters. Finally ill need a custom head gasket at a bore of 4.160. Who makes a good one that will seal. Im planning on somewhere in the 15-20psi range.

Last edited by maroonls1z; 08-27-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

AT that boost level and bore size, you should consider the 1/2 head studs, yet how much room is left between cylinders for a good seal, that clamping force improvement is worth its cost for sure, discuss this with Katech, they have as much data to know if your safe or need the extra. Should make great power with great flowing heads and the F1A-94 probably push well past 1000 rwhp, what's the reason for dropping the compression so low, may make the motor a bit softer down low, yet boost should be ramping up by 2500 rpm so it should help with traction.... Do you have plans for Engine Management Setup?
Old 08-27-2017, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

I have a flex fuel OS thats 3 bar capable and i was thinking of using a haltech pcm as a piggyback for boost by ethanol% as well as boost by gear. I was dropping it that low because I was under the understanding 8.5-9.0 was ideal. Is this not the case? I would much rather be in the 10.0 range since ideally i would like to be able to DD it should i have to for some random unforseen reason. I should also mention i do not want to run meth. Trying to keep things simple

Last edited by maroonls1z; 08-27-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

So at what point is it good to make the jump to the 1/2" studs? And who makes a good custom gasket for boost? Would i be alright with just a custom MLS from cometic?

Quick Reply: Making the jump to FI