Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1SC Vette, cracked piston...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1SC Vette, cracked piston...

Friend of mine has little to no compression in a cylinder. he thinks a cracked piston because there are no signs of detonation on the spark plug.
He asked me to look into Forged pistons and rods, a new blower cam, and some headers. Sorry if this is not in the right section but any recomendations would be great.
As far as emissions, I am pretty sure he wants to keep the AIR fittings and keep the cats on the car. i might be able to talk him out of the cats but he wants the car to sound as stock as possible. (minus the blower whine)

this is an 03 corvette. Mods are.... 2600 vig stall, larger fuel pump, injectors, and the P1SC with the 5 lb pulley.

thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So he is willing to pull the motor huh...... do it..... go with a set of Diamond 3.905" pistons with a -8.66 cc dish to lower compression down a bit. Talk to him and maybe do a set of 6.0L heads and with those heads and pistons he will be at 9:1 compression. A nice to make power will be heard thru LT's and even cats. Try a 224/230 .580/.590 on a 114 or 115LSA. Any LT's will do...... Rods i went with Eagle rods and upgraded to L-19 rid bolts. I would do main studs and head studs also.
Kyle
Old 07-01-2004, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Or maybe he burned a valve.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it oughta puff like a freight train with a cracked piston. Mine killed all the mosquitos on the way back from the track when I broke 2 ringlands
Old 07-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cablebandit
it oughta puff like a freight train with a cracked piston. Mine killed all the mosquitos on the way back from the track when I broke 2 ringlands
On 5#'s?? What happened?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

He nor I are exactly sure what caused it. He did a compression test and assumed it was a cracked piston. Either way, he wants to forge the internals. I would think he only needs some forged pistons and rods/bolts. Billet main caps are an option also. He would like to get a "blower" cam and headers while he is at it. He told me that he doesn't want to raise the boost and wants to have a car that he can cruise around in with the A/C on a hot day.
I know he got his tuning from mail order Ed Wright and i will make sure he gets on the dyno this time around.

Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: P1SC Vette, cracked piston...