Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New BTR CAST INTAKE

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Pretty lousy customer service. Ton of interest and nobody bothers to post any info from BTR...Stevie gotta do it.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Pretty lousy customer service. Ton of interest and nobody bothers to post any info from BTR...Stevie gotta do it.
You need to be very careful, anymore and you will surely be slammed.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Game ova
You need to be very careful, anymore and you will surely be slammed.
Someone had to say it. At this point Stevie should get a discount.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

BTR is no longer a sponsor here for whatever reason.

But they are posting to social media. Take what you want from that. This site still generates a lot of traffic and revenue for them. They could provide more details. Social media is the death of forums... where everyone posts the same god awful questions and the answers are even worse. I, for one, would like to see the forums more active again. It's a better way to disseminate information and provides a much more useful archive of data.
The following users liked this post:
rdymond (08-09-2019)
Old 09-29-2018, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JakeFusion

But they are posting to social media. Take what you want from that. This site still generates a lot of traffic and revenue for them. They could provide more details. Social media is the death of forums... where everyone posts the same god awful questions and the answers are even worse. I, for one, would like to see the forums more active again. It's a better way to disseminate information and provides a much more useful archive of data.
Thanks Jake, that makes much more sense about BTR now. I agree about bringing forums back.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:56 PM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

Funny stuff

All you have to do is look at the runner length and it tells the story. It's not a hard concept to grasp

It's either for your intended app or it isnt

There are plenty of long runner manifolds available as is

Kinda laughable though thinking just all out race cars sit 6k+ the entire run

Your typical combo with the 7k shift and 6000rpm on the shift is going to be perfect
Old 09-29-2018, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

i love the internet.....
Old 09-29-2018, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

I will become a believer, when I see a truly legit street car (not some hulled out race car that's driven on the street) pick up noticeably going from a LS6 intake, to one of these, with all other things staying the same.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I would imagine sponsorship carries a fair cost every month, unless that cost generates a substantial return...then it makes little sense. Perhaps even more so as social media can perhaps generate more interest for much less money.

Problem with lots of forums, is they can be too big, which makes it harder for people to find what they're looking for, harder to target a market...and then with forums being swamped by lots of complete and utter tripe and repetitive BS questions because people cant be bothered to search....it's always tough.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Bazman
Stevieturbo: True - but look at the way that curve climbs up top - it's begging for more air

HioSS: The 100hp loss at 4500rpm was with the 102TB ;-) Totally agree that is not important for the serious guys like you - you rpm high enough and gear down enough for none of that to matter. It matters when people try to look like you on their budget builds and think they can run hard on their 6500rpm 6L because it has race intake, then wonder why a stock LS3 blows them away.
muh bad....i still think something is odd there. For sure that wouldn't hapoen on a na engine with just a tb change. Which is one reason why these tests done on a boosted engine is almost a waste of time.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:58 PM
Super Hulk Smash

I'd prefer to see what it would do vs an MSD or FAST intake. I know, they aren't great intakes for boost (mainly due to cost), but they do pick up a pretty big amount over the LS6 without the nose dive below 6000.

Also, the BTR is positioned as a competitor to like a High-Ram or Pro-Flow. Would be nice to see what it does against them.

I do believe it does a better job with cylinder distribution, but that's a hard thing to measure without individual runner tuning/EGTs.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More even in cylinder filling would be a big plus, however the other big thing here is not whether it can beat the Pro-Flow/Hi-Rams etc but that it can compete and fit under hoods the other 2 cannot.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

Social media is the death of forums... where everyone posts the same god awful questions and the answers are even worse. I, for one, would like to see the forums more active again. It's a better way to disseminate information and provides a much more useful archive of data.
I couldn't agree more. I was pretty active in a couple of Subaru forums before getting my C5, and the same thing happened in that world. It's been depressing to witness the transition.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

I'd prefer to see what it would do vs an MSD or FAST intake. I know, they aren't great intakes for boost (mainly due to cost), but they do pick up a pretty big amount over the LS6 without the nose dive below 6000.

Also, the BTR is positioned as a competitor to like a High-Ram or Pro-Flow. Would be nice to see what it does against them.

I do believe it does a better job with cylinder distribution, but that's a hard thing to measure without individual runner tuning/EGTs.
The 20 intake test already covers most of that, in that they tested both an LS6, and the baseline LS1 intake so the comparisons are already out there for those.

Although even a FAST at $8-900 isnt a huge expenditure by any means. The only thing puts some off is the talk of them not coping with boost very well. Whether that really is a concern or not I dont know
Old 09-30-2018, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
The 20 intake test already covers most of that, in that they tested both an LS6, and the baseline LS1 intake so the comparisons are already out there for those.

Although even a FAST at $8-900 isnt a huge expenditure by any means. The only thing puts some off is the talk of them not coping with boost very well. Whether that really is a concern or not I dont know
$8-900 for an intake is peanuts now?
Old 09-30-2018, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Game ova
$8-900 for an intake is peanuts now?
In 4 digit horsepower land, yes it's peanuts.

I make well over 1k with an LS3 and I'd replace it if anything out there could do the same job under the TA hood.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
In 4 digit horsepower land, yes it's peanuts.

I make well over 1k with an LS3 and I'd replace it if anything out there could do the same job under the TA hood.
Would the twin TB Edelbrock cross ram fit? That'd add a few ponies, improve throttle response, and pick up a little down low if that mattered
Old 10-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Super Hulk Smash

More even in cylinder filling would be a big plus, however the other big thing here is not whether it can beat the Pro-Flow/Hi-Rams etc but that it can compete and fit under hoods the other 2 cannot.
That's very true.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM
9 Second Club

Would the twin TB Edelbrock cross ram fit? That'd add a few ponies, improve throttle response, and pick up a little down low if that mattered
Visually that looks cool.....I can only see it being a nightmare for little to no gain in reality.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Personally, I would still be interested to see how it competes with the Pro-Flo and Hi-Ram since it sounds like it is a high rpm piece. I know the marketing is towards fitting under stock hoods and cowls, but if there is power potential gains to be had it would be nice to see also for guys like me.

Quick Reply: New BTR CAST INTAKE