Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just installed 2.9L whipple on LQ4, a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried the Holley bracket and broke the idler off 2 of them before switching to the corvette bracket with the Holley spacer. It is beefier than the Holley .

Buy the updated (c6) corvette bracket and the Holley spacers for truck spacing if this will work for you. This is in my 83 cutlass
Old 03-13-2018, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Holley 20-135 is an almost exact copy of the c5 corvette bracket and will break. But the c6 bracket is updated and much heavier. It's been working for 5-6 k now with no issues. You can tell the difference as the newer one is solid around the idler location. This paired with Holley spacers is what I used. The only thing that sucks is you have to use the corvette alternator as apposed to the Holley bracket that uses the truck alt.

Last edited by jimmyg; 03-13-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyg
The Holley 20-135 is an almost exact copy of the c5 corvette bracket and will break. But the c6 bracket is updated and much heavier. It's been working for 5-6 k now with no issues. You can tell the difference as the newer one is solid around the idler location. This paired with Holley spacers is what I used. The only thing that sucks is you have to use the corvette alternator as apposed to the Holley bracket that uses the truck alt.
Thanks Jimmy.

I just ordered a new C6 alternator bracket on your recommendation.

Now to change my alternator order.

Thank you.

Roman
Old 03-14-2018, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=326

That will solve the idler boss breaking off the holley/C5 bracket. C6 are stronger, but not indestructible. To install it, you have to snap the idler boss off, so stick with your old broken bracket with that. No reason to buy anything just to modify it

Alternatively, you can change your entire belt drive setup so the SC is on an independent belt. Minimize slip and take the load off the main accy drive. LSA's offer a great platform for that

EX: those with a SC on the truck belt spacing. Run an 8 rib upper pulley, LSA balancer, idler and tensioner setup. Machine a .160" shim to go behind the upper pulley to align it with the LSA pulley system. Run a corvette spacing main accy drive. If using the holley bracket, just take the spacer off the back and mount directly to the cyl head
Old 12-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyg
I have a ly6/whipple 2.9 in my 83 cutlass . Your gonna love it. Ls3 heads?. If you bought it new, shoot them an email. They. Might let you exchange the 4.0
What size injectors did you use for this setup?
Old 12-20-2018, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used fast 65lbs injectors.. Mast motor sports sent me a tune since I’m running their ecm,so they told me what injectors , map sensor etc...