Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

the right turbos

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

They are strong enough. Main concern is usually the V banded elbows holding the turbo weight. I normally just get a piece of flat stock, drill a hole in each end, bolt it to the turbo flange and then to the head, frame, whatever. That way it's not a welded brace. Quick, cheap, easy.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
They are strong enough. Main concern is usually the V banded elbows holding the turbo weight. I normally just get a piece of flat stock, drill a hole in each end, bolt it to the turbo flange and then to the head, frame, whatever. That way it's not a welded brace. Quick, cheap, easy.
i would probably do some sort of a tie rod with rod ends on both sides
Old 06-27-2018, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Hey Joe,
Got a pic of this? Wondering if angle stock would add a little more if it's even needed. I'm using a stock truck mani that has a short vband elbow.

Sorry OP, not really a hijack attempt...
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by epfatboy
Hey Joe,
Got a pic of this? Wondering if angle stock would add a little more if it's even needed. I'm using a stock truck mani that has a short vband elbow.

Sorry OP, not really a hijack attempt...
I'm at work, I would have to snap pictures later.

I've been guilty in the past for using stainless shelf brackets as turbo bracing. I'll just drill out one of the holes and bolt it to the turbo flange, and then bolt it to the head/block/frame/body/accessories.
Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just something somewhat rigid from Flange to Point B.
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: the right turbos