Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech S Trim questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech S Trim questions.

Hello all. Just picked up a Vortech V2 S trim for pretty cheap and had a few questions.
​​​​​​
First, seems like his blower has been sitting for a bit but everything looks great on it. I believe it's from 2001 and vortech has record of it being rebuilt in 2003. It Spins free , looks to be in good physical shape and doesn't make any weird noises as far as I can tell by spinning by hand. You can hear for gears but I'm assuming that's normal as if has no oil in it? Is it worth the $400 vortech wants to "inspect" it and put new seals in? Or should o just run it and go from there.

second.. does anyone have any leads on the bracket and pulley setup that they used to use on the 2004 GTO? I know that's a long shot as they didn't make a whole lot of these kits and only made them in 2004. I would even take the full dimensions of the bracket or a traced template of it. I would pay someone for either of course. Even if someone has the kit on the car and was willing to trace the bracket it make it worth their while. Thanks in advance all.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Launching!

if you cant see any damage or contamination in the oil gallery I would run it.

it will require a feed line of engine oil and a drain line back to the sump.

gumtree/local facebook etc is a starting point to buy the fitment kit. failing that contact your local vortec distributor and ask for the kit minus the blower.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply. Honestly I was thinking the same as far as running it. It seems to be in great shape and has zero Shaft play. Very clean as well. Fins are in great shape too.

as for the bracket I've already contact Vortech and nothing is available anymore for the GTO. That's what brings me here. In the hopes that someone has one laying around or willing to give me the specs.

Quick Reply: Vortech S Trim questions.