Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

64 Malibu SS getting my 1215whp combo out of my Fox coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 07:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Default 64 Malibu SS getting my 1215whp combo out of my Fox coupe.

Just picked this up today. Ive always wanted a big tire 1gen chevelle. This is a real Malibu SS. If you search for my thread you can see my mustang that Im swapping over to this beast. Will be a blast to cruise and drive.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice. I love the old school metal builds. Looks like a solid platform too.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you going to do any no prep racing with it?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:42 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by svslow
Are you going to do any no prep racing with it?
nope. this is a pure cruiser. A/C, power steering, hydro boost brakes, power windows etc. car is entirely too straight and clean to turn it into a racer.
so i pulled the motor out of my mustang and put it on the engine stand.
of utmost importance to me is fitting all of this under the stock 64 hood. to achieve this i sold my hi ram and picked up one of these sniper pro intakes. it is seriously very high quality in every way. i had considered the normal sniper intake but id rather spend the extra $600 for peace of mind.

these turbo manifolds are built specifically for the 64-67 chevelles. they are very well made and braced in all the right places. ive had really good luck kwith the chinese turbo headers and i dont foresee that changing.

i tried to put the motor in and discovered that the CTSV oil pan wouldnt let me put the motor where i wanted it so i bought the recommended Canton oil pan. when i was swapping the pans i discovered that the Canton pan didnt like my spaced out stock windage tray. i had used washers to space it out for the 4" stroke and never had a problem with the stock cast pan. i thought about running with no windage tray but the engineers at GM are much smarter than me so i started researching and found that MAST made a nice windage tray for 4" strokes and it was even in stock at the local Summit Racing. everything clears and its 1lb lighter than the stock windage tray. still waiting on my oil pickup to button her up.

you can also see the Summit Racing adjustable motor mounts in these pics. they are very well made and *VERY* adjustable. i will be able to put the motor exactly where i want it which will be very important with the 4l80 and A/C setup. speaking of 4l80, i picked this up from my buddy with the PTC billet converter for $1000. converter alone cost more than that. ill freshen the tranny up with some new red clutches and upgraded sprag and probably just run it. i dont intend on drag racing this car much so the tranny doesnt need to be over engineered.

while i was at summit i picked up the biggest bolt in LS swap radiator i could find. Griffin had a really affordable option here and it even has the nipple for the steam vents. i plan on cutting off the inlet and outlet and replacing it with -16an fittings.

my steering column literally fell apart as i was pulling it out of the car. did some research into new columns and decided to go with an IDIDIT column.

i bought the naked metal as it is getting painted the same color as the body. which is this

picked up a set of McGauhgys 13" front big brakes. these are nothing special as far as cross drilled rotors and bling but they came highly recommended and will work very well at stopping this pig.

whilst im swapping the brakes out ill be swapping out the front suspension as well. got a set of global west upper and lower tubular A arms. already swapped the ball joints in them lol. QA1 coilovers and 2" drop spindles are also waiting to go on the car. im rebuilding the entire steering system while im there too.

set of poly body mount bushings. since the car is backhalfed ill have a ton of bushings left. if anyone needs any let me know. if i cant use them i see no reason not to help someone else out.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:56 PM
8 Second Club

forgot to post this lol

Old 09-03-2018, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 186 Likes on 136 Posts

Not to hijack, but what’s the “B.S.” on the converter number?

Quick Reply: 64 Malibu SS getting my 1215whp combo out of my Fox coupe.