Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Power estimates and suggestions needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power estimates and suggestions needed

Hey,

Looking to get started on my first LS based build. I've got an L59 from a 2006 SUV and a 4L80E i plan to shove into a gbody. I'm looking to do this in sloppy fashion with a couple upgrades. I guess I'll list what I'm thinking of doing as well as the items im undecided on. Hoping someone can fill in the blanks with possible suggestions as well as what power one might expect to see. I'd like to make nice power but i'm also not trying to replace my long block every month. Just trying to build a rather stout cruiser to harass some of the more modern cars. I've researched like hell but cannot find any definitive answers to what is going to be safe vs borrowed time.

Engine : 2006 L59 139K
Trans : 4L80E

Cam: Sloppy stage 2 from jegs
Springs : Pac 1218's
Head studs
Intake manifold : Stock ? Suggestions of other OE flavors ?

Fuel -
Injectors : Deka 80s ? How far am i going to get here? other suggestions ?
Rails : also no idea, stock ? cheap aftermarket suggestions ?
Delivery: sumped tank with a quality external pump (one place i'll spend some)

Boost-
Turbo kit - VS Denmah kit with GT45 or the denmah with 80MM (suggestions here ? at what point am i really pushing the untouched internals/rings)
Hooker turbo ls manifold kit with rear crossover pipe (other place I'm going not sloppy)
Probably 4" intercooler upgrade

Probably control it with a PSI harness.

Heres the rough brainstorm so far, thoughts ? Any opinions or estimates given the items thrown out here. I'm open to gas vs e85, part of why i jumped on the L59 but would rather not be limited to E85 at all times.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I’d really look at the vs billet 78/75 turbo, it’s a bad *** little turbo depending on your goals. I run 3 sets of the $60 eBay rails with good luck, I’d look at the Bosch 210’s also for the price difference of the 80’s
Old 08-07-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
I’d really look at the vs billet 78/75 turbo, it’s a bad *** little turbo depending on your goals. I run 3 sets of the $60 eBay rails with good luck, I’d look at the Bosch 210’s also for the price difference of the 80’s

Thanks I'll look into those, certainly not opposed to changing things from what i mentioned just trying to iron out a good game plan. I'd love to see 650ish wheel but again not trying to push my junkyard motor to the absolute limit wherever that may be.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by CrustyBU
Thanks I'll look into those, certainly not opposed to changing things from what i mentioned just trying to iron out a good game plan. I'd love to see 650ish wheel but again not trying to push my junkyard motor to the absolute limit wherever that may be.
I would highly recommend the billet 78/75 of your end goal is 650. It’s easy to package, quick spooling, makes great power and it sounds wicked. I ran on on my iroc and went 6.9@102 first pass ever in Colorado 6,000 d/a on 8# and 1.8 60’. The gt45 is old tech and large/slow spooling