Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Have Procharger FMIC questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look for PSJ's post, do a search....he has pics similar to kyles, but with the thing mounted in there w/all the piping
Old 07-09-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A mitsu 4g63 is an IRON block with an aluminum head... Which is why the blocks don't go to crap and can actually take 25+ psi unlike a honda.

They do affect cooling on DSM's...

The f body cars are even more of a bottom breather and have a longer nose forward of the radiator. Taking that into account the radiator would get about as much air as before. I have only seen 1 or 2 f-bodys with the front bumper open enough to get enough airflow thru the core to actually use 75% of what the core can do...

Back in the day before I went huge turbo I tweeked the stock stuff.. I put an air temp sensor on each side of the IC pipes. Enlarging the exit vent in the front right inner fender helped alot.. Next I created a duct for the rear side to connect it to the vent.. Then I enlarged the inlet duct so it could get air from below the bumper instead of just the hole..

With the FMIC.. I mounted it as far forward on the car as a could..

Look at the front and see how you can ram as much air thru as much of the IC core as you can.. That is what it is all about...

I guess I still look at like how can I get 500-600whp from 2.0L... You need the maximum capability and efficiency from everything.

Quick Reply: Have Procharger FMIC questions!!!