Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Getting FM7 on 114

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting FM7 on 114

Curious if I should want advance ground in?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hershey Squirt
Curious if I should want advance ground in?

I have the cam with nothing changed from Futral. It runs great and i gained 44rwhp from this cam alone. U will be happy with it.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LSs1Power,
what kind of setup do you have and how much did you dyno with this setup?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Dyno numbers are in Sig.... My setup is bascially FLP headers, Hooker catback, 60 lbs injectors, Intank fuel pump, FM7 cam, PR dual springs with Titanum retainer, ATI 8 rib setup with 4.25 SC pulley with ATI superdamper and tunning... We are only running 19 degree of timing with 8psi and low 11's AF to high 10's after 6100rpm for extra safety. With 20 degree of timing and mid 11's AF we got 555rwhp 502rwtq, but then i backed it down since i road course race from time to time. An aggressive tune 24 degrees with the aid of alky injection and this setup will net close to 570rwhp on 8psi. Im going to try it in the spring and might add extra boost with a huge 8.5" crank pulley for more boost and alky injection.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good man
Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Dyno numbers are in Sig.... My setup is bascially FLP headers, Hooker catback, 60 lbs injectors, Intank fuel pump, FM7 cam, PR dual springs with Titanum retainer, ATI 8 rib setup with 4.25 SC pulley with ATI superdamper and tunning... We are only running 19 degree of timing with 8psi and low 11's AF to high 10's after 6100rpm for extra safety. With 20 degree of timing and mid 11's AF we got 555rwhp 502rwtq, but then i backed it down since i road course race from time to time. An aggressive tune 24 degrees with the aid of alky injection and this setup will net close to 570rwhp on 8psi. Im going to try it in the spring and might add extra boost with a huge 8.5" crank pulley for more boost and alky injection.
This is what i have....
Aftermarket Modifications (Engine / Exhaust):
ATI Procharger D-1SC centrifugal supercharger (8 pounds) 3.6 six rib pulley
Dual intercoolers (Air to Air)
Twin blow out valves w/ 90 degree air inlet elbow with K&N filter to equalize air velocity from both intercoolers
AMW catch can (relieves crank case pressure)
42lb Bosch injectors w / Bosch 255lph inline fuel pump
Custom SPAL dual fan (11”) with SLP manual fan switch
Dyno Tuned with LS1 EDIT - by Keith @ Force Fed Performance, Roseville, CA
Hypertech 160 degree thermostat
MSD Super Conductor 8.5 mm wires with NGK TR-6 spark plugs
Thunder Racing Mass airflow (MAF) ends w/ stock (maf) internals
SLP Long Tube headers with Off Road Y-pipe, Flowtech 3in Cutout (cap-able) and Hooker 3in Cat back exhaust

Suspension / Drive train :
Spec 3 racing clutch
Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
Kenny Brown Double Diamond (KBDD) Sub Frame connectors
BMR Lower Control Arms w/ BMR relocation brackets
T/A performance rear end girdle with pre-load stud kit

But my problem is that i keep getting belt slip like crazy. I heard the 3.6 six rib was junk but i 'm not sure what to upgrade to, nor do i know what it would cost me. But besides that i would like to get a nice S/C cam...and this one looked pretty nice but i couldnt seem to find any people that really experienced this cam and liked it.
Whats your opinion on it?
and another question...i keep hearing about people doing water alky mix...where is that stuff sold and where is there an area to read about its benefits/effects etc...?
I have been out of the loop for a while
Old 02-18-2005, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HartAttack
But my problem is that i keep getting belt slip like crazy. I heard the 3.6 six rib was junk but i 'm not sure what to upgrade to, nor do i know what it would cost me. But besides that i would like to get a nice S/C cam...and this one looked pretty nice but i couldnt seem to find any people that really experienced this cam and liked it.
Whats your opinion on it?
and another question...i keep hearing about people doing water alky mix...where is that stuff sold and where is there an area to read about its benefits/effects etc...?
I have been out of the loop for a while
If u get a SC cam u will need the 60lb injectors. I maxed the 42lbs the first time we tired to dyno tune the car at 120% Duty Cycle around 6100RPM.

To fix the belt slippage problem that used to happen with the old ATI 6 rib u have two options, either get the SDEC kit or get the ATI 8 rib conversion(which i have now).

I really like the cam and there are few guys on this board that are going with it. I think im the only one who tried it with a blower so far and i like it. Im sure u will get more reviews on this cam soon after they install and run it.

People have mix opinions when it comes to running straight alky or a mix of water and alky. Some say water will cool the air better than the alky and the alky will give higher octane so u will have best of two worlds. Also adding a little water will help in the case of an accident. Other people run straight alky. I say if u have really good intercoolers then run straight alky and if u need to assist the intercoolers in lowering your IAT then run 25% water and 75% alky. You have three kits you can choose from:
1. SMC.
2. Snow Performance.
3. Alkycontrol.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Regular

I was thinking about getting this cam very soon. Do I need to get a tune or will it run alright without it. Than again If i am at 104% duty on the 42 lbs will the cam put me way over that? hmmmm. If i need 60 lbs of coarse i need a tune. which means more money. Sorry not to hijack it has a lot to do with your post!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Wow back from the dead. Well I do have a Fm7 now and love it. Went from a Fm11 to the 7. I have TEA heads and lt's and true duals and Yank converter. I will be installing a Procharger and fmic in the next few weeks so we'll see what happens. I think injectors will be the main problem since I have a new fuel system that should handle plenty. I hope to run about 10lbs. Any guesses how much power I'll get?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by osuhunter07
I was thinking about getting this cam very soon. Do I need to get a tune or will it run alright without it. Than again If i am at 104% duty on the 42 lbs will the cam put me way over that? hmmmm. If i need 60 lbs of coarse i need a tune. which means more money. Sorry not to hijack it has a lot to do with your post!
U will need a tune to run this cam especially if u already have a SC on the car and as u said u will even max out the 42lbs even more. Get the cam+60lbs injectors and a tune all together. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hershey Squirt
Wow back from the dead. Well I do have a Fm7 now and love it. Went from a Fm11 to the 7. I have TEA heads and lt's and true duals and Yank converter. I will be installing a Procharger and fmic in the next few weeks so we'll see what happens. I think injectors will be the main problem since I have a new fuel system that should handle plenty. I hope to run about 10lbs. Any guesses how much power I'll get?

With an auto and your setup i would say anywhere between 550-600rwhp at 10psi.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Id recommend getting the Moto 60s no matter what you do. i think tuning LS1spowers car was probably the easiest time Ive had compared to some other (50 MSDs etc) big injectors Ive used.

Feher I think your car will make another 10-15 hp up top just from fresh springs.. lookign a the graph it looks like it was laying over at the 550 mark... shouldnt do that at that low rpm