Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Twin Turbo Kit Available

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize they are MEGA $$$, but doesn't Lingenfelter make a TT for just about every performance minded GM car? (Or at least they used to) And if they don't currently have it, I am sure they would do one for ya, $$ is the only consideration.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

LPE was just buying a turbo tech kit and installing it...
Old 07-10-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
I know LPE was doing Incon setup for the fbodys. John showed me one they just installed in 2000. They were a lil $$$$ lol. He even said it. But they rework the whole system LPE style. They dont like how the Incon system as is. So they rework a few things.
02bluefirehawk So u going to show me the design logo for the TT kit for QMP or what . Email me if u dont want to post it. I would just email it .
Old 07-10-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
AAaaahhh gotcha, sorry then, my bad for not knowing more about it.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

A buddy and I just finished up a DIY TT on his 91 Mustang. We've probably got 100 hours apiece in it. We did everything though, new low compression engine, transmission, rear end, fuel system, cage etc... None of it is rocket science like has been mentioned, but there is a TON of work involved. If it's your first time, you might want to try to get in on some else's DIY turbo project. This was our first one, and we learned a TON of stuff. The 2nd time around would be a lot less time consuming, and less expensive.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Here is what I got back from Total Performance on there kit, but didn't get what all is included:

Q:
08/July/2004
"Did you guys make a TT kit for a LS1 Camaro/Firebirds, it seems you site has changed. Pricing and availability please.
thanks,
Mike"

A:
09/July/2004
"We did make a kit although it was never put into mass production. I will repeat it but need the car to do it on. Price is $8500 installed and comes with pumps and injectors. Thanks.
Brad & Gretchen Edington
Total Performance
www.nothingbutperformance.com"
Old 07-12-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

I'm doing my own but it it will look a bit like that PHAT QMP kit (it takes something pretty cool to make me go ebonic) ... Not because I copied them but because thats what I was think but with air to water. The IC pipes would be hidden, shorter, simpler and the IC's underhood... It will need the "little radiator" and some heater hose up front and the rest of the plumbing.. The CAI pipes to each turbo were exactly what I was thinking.. the same for the turbo location...

I'm probably going to start out with out of the box mid length headers...

Maybe put up a price for me building each of the harder part again for someone else as well where to get the IC's just sell what I could'nt buy off the shelf myself.. etc...

Quick Reply: Best Twin Turbo Kit Available