Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Should it be clattering at this low boost?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 03:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 354 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
A coworker years back had a 2005 auto that never experienced wheel hop under any circumstance. My 2004 manual trans car would wheel hop at the slightest bit of spin before the airbags. The problem then became that the amount of air needed in the bags to prevent hop also limited weight transfer, so I would just get a lot of spin.
I love my car, but hate the IRS in these things. People want to use other cars with IRS to show what can be done with an IRS, but newer cars and corvettes have a far superior IRS to these GTO's. The next thing I want to do is put a cheap, but not junk yard forged short block in it and push this D1x. After that I'll decide if I'm happy with it or want to get more serious about ET. If I decide to get serious about ET I'll sell all my drive shaft shop and gforce driveline and get this... http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9H...er-M9HPGTO.htm
Old 12-05-2018, 04:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

So what does it run like right now?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
I love my car, but hate the IRS in these things. People want to use other cars with IRS to show what can be done with an IRS, but newer cars and corvettes have a far superior IRS to these GTO's. The next thing I want to do is put a cheap, but not junk yard forged short block in it and push this D1x. After that I'll decide if I'm happy with it or want to get more serious about ET. If I decide to get serious about ET I'll sell all my drive shaft shop and gforce driveline and get this... http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9H...er-M9HPGTO.htm
Well remember to hit me up, and let me know what youll have for sale.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

No need to forge a block for a D1, it cant make enough power to hurt Gen 4 internals lol

I cant see that rear swap ever being worth it, for that money you could buy a nice Fox roller and be significantly faster.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
No need to forge a block for a D1, it cant make enough power to hurt Gen 4 internals lol

I cant see that rear swap ever being worth it, for that money you could buy a nice Fox roller and be significantly faster.
I have an ls1 many say it’s a gen 3.5 with gen 4 rods, but press fit pins. I don’t know because I haven’t opened it up. I refuse to run a Fox body too many of them local and I like to be different. Not everyone’s goals are the same.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Game ova
So what does it run like right now?
Mine went 7.1x with a 1.8x 60’ in the 1/8th with a 4.25” pulley DA was around 2000. I put a 4.13” pulley on it and gave it 100 more rpm, but never got to run it like that because every event the last month of the season got rained out. It will have a 4” pulley on it before I get the chance to run it again.

I’d really like to see what Kfxguy runs because we have no idea what it traps or dynos at this point.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

Mine went 7.1x with a 1.8x 60’ in the 1/8th with a 4.25” pulley DA was around 2000. I put a 4.13” pulley on it and gave it 100 more rpm, but never got to run it like that because every event the last month of the season got rained out. It will have a 4” pulley on it before I get the chance to run it again.

I’d really like to see what Kfxguy runs because we have no idea what it traps or dynos at this point.
You and me both. as soon as i can get to the track, i will. only thing i can compare it to is i ran a new 2018 10 speed auto mustang when i first got it running. we ran from a roll. i was on 4lbs boost and running real rich at 10.8....i pulled him in third gear. those cars trap 118-119 stock. so theres that. and i now and on 9-10lbs. and 11.7ish afr. its a good bit faster.....needless to say. I'd go to the track this sunday if the wife wasnt having family over for a get together.