Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Let's beat a dead horse and talk intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,298 Posts

A D1SC will make 800whp...with the D1x capable of more. Most P1s are completely tapped out between 550 and 600whp.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Utinator
This is interesting. I'm currently considering my options for a "future build". I'd really like to have a Pro-Charger, but I already swapped the heads, cam, and intake. I wish I would have started with the Pro-Charger.

How much wheel hp are you making now? According to my research, the P1 and Vortec kits make about 500 whp on stock motors. I wasn't sure if the D1 made any more. I figured the P1 would make around 580 whp with a cam/intake swap. What is your goal?
My power is currently dismal feel free to take a look at my other threads, but it put down 404whp on a mustang dyno at ~5.5psi. It pulls alright, but could be better and the idle is off. I wasn't crazy with the shop so it's getting more boost + new tune either way. I'd be surprised to see a P1 making 500whp on a stock ls1 unless it's a very generous dyno.

My dream is that between a few extra lbs, better tune and the ls6 intake maybe we can find another 80whp, but racing dynos isn't really worth it. And if the engine lasts through the summer rebuild it using the stock block so I can max out the D1.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 165 Likes on 121 Posts

Wow. I would be disappointed too. Most heads/cam swaps put 400+ to the wheels. I'm a little lower than that (382hp), but I have a 4L80. That huge auto trans sucks some whp.

Pro-charger advertises 50% more hp. Assuming everything is stock, that would be about 430-450. Vortec advertises 500 whp on a stock LS1/F-body.

What injectors are you using? If you have more injector left, your tuner should be able to turn it up. I was planning on using Tuned by Frost on any future builds. He has been tuning my car thus far. A lot of guys around Richmond also like Shutunes. He tunes some of the cars on the RVA List. Frost tunes some of the others.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 355 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
My power is currently dismal feel free to take a look at my other threads, but it put down 404whp on a mustang dyno at ~5.5psi. It pulls alright, but could be better and the idle is off. I wasn't crazy with the shop so it's getting more boost + new tune either way. I'd be surprised to see a P1 making 500whp on a stock ls1 unless it's a very generous dyno.

My dream is that between a few extra lbs, better tune and the ls6 intake maybe we can find another 80whp, but racing dynos isn't really worth it. And if the engine lasts through the summer rebuild it using the stock block so I can max out the D1.
404 whp on a mustang dyno with 5.5 psi on an otherwise stock ls1 sounds about right. You probably dynoed about 300 whp stock on a mustang dyno and 5.5 psi should add about 100 whp.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Utinator
Wow. I would be disappointed too. Most heads/cam swaps put 400+ to the wheels. I'm a little lower than that (382hp), but I have a 4L80. That huge auto trans sucks some whp.

Pro-charger advertises 50% more hp. Assuming everything is stock, that would be about 430-450. Vortec advertises 500 whp on a stock LS1/F-body.

What injectors are you using? If you have more injector left, your tuner should be able to turn it up. I was planning on using Tuned by Frost on any future builds. He has been tuning my car thus far. A lot of guys around Richmond also like Shutunes. He tunes some of the cars on the RVA List. Frost tunes some of the others.
Originally Posted by BCNUL8R

404 whp on a mustang dyno with 5.5 psi on an otherwise stock ls1 sounds about right. You probably dynoed about 300 whp stock on a mustang dyno and 5.5 psi should add about 100 whp.

Yeah idk it might sound right, it also has a full kooks exhaust with 1 7/8 headers. Either way, don't want to derail this thread feel free to read my review thread if you're really curious though: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...torsports.html