Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC Front Mount Upgrade Gains 125rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great numbers man. I'm curious if you were having any belt slip issues due to restriction before and did you ever run the twin setup without the air filter? I've seen people claim 80 to the wheels alone off that. Did you change the tensioner at all? What muffler are you running with the mufflex setup and do you have a sound clip?
Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by No Juice
pics of the bellmouth and filter ?
Didn't have any laying around, so took these yesterday...

With filter

Without filter

With dome mesh screen I made.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don’t have any problem with the air tube to the Procharger working loose. I tried something similar but the slight flex of the motor an the fixed air tube mount would eventually come loose an come off. An I hated street driving with my air filter that low to the road.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
To the OP. Looks like you moved the AC condenser off of the face of the radiator and moved it forward. I did that a couple of years ago and it solved my overheating issues by moving the ac condenser to get better air flow to the radiator up from the air dam. The condenser is a restriction in front of the radiator especially in slow moving traffic. Cools the cabin pretty good here in 100 degree Kansas summers. Same high temps as what you have in Texas. My condenser is 28 X 16. It's larger than the stock condenser.

How is your ac setup working for you in the summer? Nice work.
Yes, the AC condenser is in between the hood latch and the intercooler with the bottom angled toward the radiator. There is an air gap around it, but it is a woefully undersized at 22" x 13" x 3/4". Right now the AC is not working very well, especially when sitting in traffic or slow moving traffic. Once the car gets moving 30+ it works just ok. Definitely need to get a bigger condenser and possibly move it in front of the radiator to pick up radiator fan circulation or leave it air gapped and add it's own set of fans. Coolant temps are pretty stable as it is, but I'm afraid I will trade one issue for another mounting the condenser close to the radiator.

AC Condenser setup
Old 02-07-2019, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 355 Likes on 260 Posts

Not my car, just a picture I pulled from the Internet. With your experience what would you recommend to replace this 180 bend pipe with an air filter on the end? I thought about putting a mesh guard right on the procharger inlet, but it would be sucking air from right be the header.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Toes
You don’t have any problem with the air tube to the Procharger working loose. I tried something similar but the slight flex of the motor an the fixed air tube mount would eventually come loose an come off. An I hated street driving with my air filter that low to the road.
It's not ideal, but right now the intake tube has a support bracket mounted to the radiator support (see pics above). So when the engine moves, that support tab will not and puts a hell of a stress on the blower clamp. After some miles it did become loose at the blower. Will have to figure out a way to make a flexible support bracket or mount a support bracket that can move with the engine. Definitely don't want that thing coming off. Not like I can just order a replacement.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 503 Likes on 389 Posts

Perhaps an exhaust hanger with a built in rubber isolater for the blower air intake?

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...4787128?pos=11

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...4787134?pos=16
Old 02-07-2019, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Would two set screws about the size of the smaller J brackets screws 180 degrees apart hold it in place or four? Would have to indent the inner housing couple thousandths for the tip of each screw or all the way thru. Perhaps just one all the way thru and other three as set screws.

I thought about that with my nylon hat. So far it stays in place because it doesn't weigh a lot and a band clamp holds it in place.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The ******
Perhaps an exhaust hanger with a built in rubber isolater for the blower air intake?

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...4787128?pos=11

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...4787134?pos=16
Something like that could work.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
Not my car, just a picture I pulled from the Internet. With your experience what would you recommend to replace this 180 bend pipe with an air filter on the end? I thought about putting a mesh guard right on the procharger inlet, but it would be sucking air from right be the header.
Depends on many factors. If you're running water/meth I'd say fit the best flowing filter you can, even on top the exhaust. Once the car gets moving that hot exhaust manifold air is flowing under the car. On the other hand, with no help from the meth for charge temp reduction I'd be concerned about IATs getting too high though. Building boost already adds heat so ideally you want to start off with the coolest air possible. ProCharger makes late model kits with filters right on top of the exhaust, then you have the Hellcat/Demon with huge fresh air intakes. Only way to really know for sure is to get it on a "track" and data log with the different intakes and see how they do.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chuck Brigham
Great numbers man.
Thanks.

I'm curious if you were having any belt slip issues due to restriction before and did you ever run the twin setup without the air filter? I've seen people claim 80 to the wheels alone off that.
Never ran it without filter on the old setup.
I did start getting some belt slip after a while on the 3.4" pulley. I was running one of those Carbinite coated blower pulleys and after a while the belt dust was everywhere and all the texture on the pulley came off. I'll say it did work, but it's not for me. I've been so happy with the 8.65/3.85 combo. No belt slip and it's very easy on belts.

Did you change the tensioner at all?
I have replaced the tensioner once after I stripped out the bolt that releases the tension. The threads on it only went so far so I tapped the new one out all the way and got a little longer bolt. No issues since.

What muffler are you running with the mufflex setup and do you have a sound clip?
I'm running the Magnaflow race muffler. It's 4" straight through and it is pretty darn loud outside, but not bad inside. Here's a couple dyno clips:

From 2008

From 2018
Old 02-24-2019, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely done man.

With the d1sc you have is it reverse rotation?
Currently looking for a d1sc as well.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1jorge
Nicely done man.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ls1jorge
With the d1sc you have is it reverse rotation?
Yes, it's reverse rotation. Standard rotation blowers the intake faces the rear of the car, whereas reverse rotation blowers face the front of the car.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Great results. The twin intercooler setup sucks. Glad you made the move to the FMIC.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Great results. The twin intercooler setup sucks. Glad you made the move to the FMIC.
Thanks man! Yeah, the twins just couldn't get past 690 rwhp and were definitely holding me back. I have a front bumper support for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job brother ! That new found TQ makes the world of a difference.
I often wondered if I made the wrong choice going with the FMIC as opposed to the twins. I had no doubt the power would be better with the FMIC but while in the midst of the install & having to mitigate the cooling issues & mods to make it fit ..... it crossed my mind that it may not have been worth the trouble for a street driven build.
That doubt was put rest the moment I drove it. The efficiency of IATs alone is a huge factor.

Curuius, do you have comparison data on your before & after IAT’s. Cruising, full run etc.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good job... never step is a f1a94 to reach the 1000hp mark...