Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone seen the new Engine Masters with meth?

Old 05-02-2019, 12:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R View Post
In that case is it possible to mix methanol with pump gas at the desired percentage and just run it through your regular fuel system/injectors. I know running methanol is an issue with most fuel systems not capable of handling it, but is there a percentage where you could get positive results without being an issue for a fuel system capable of handling e85? Say pump gas with a 25 percent mix of methanol? Just curious.
Using around 20% methanol in the fuel tank is pretty common here in the UK. It helps pump fuel, and doesnt push the fuel system too hard in terms of extra flow needed.

but obviously as it will be tuned to expect this at all times....you need to run that same mix at all times.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their test seems wanting, to say the least.

I found this test, seems to be a better controlled test...

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/dyno...tion-turbo-ls/

Full range gains with no tune change, just add the meth/water spray and off they went.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
Using around 20% methanol in the fuel tank is pretty common here in the UK. It helps pump fuel, and doesnt push the fuel system too hard in terms of extra flow needed.

but obviously as it will be tuned to expect this at all times....you need to run that same mix at all times.
You guys use a stoich of about 13 for 20 percent meth mixed with pump? I use 10.7 with E70 or 11.8 with E50 and works pretty well with no other changes.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if they had a progressive controller or just sprayed it with no control down low. That would definitely kill power in the lower and mid range I would think!

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: