Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Noob question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob question

Hey guys, not new to ls, but very new to turbo set ups. Not doing an all out build, just a simple single turbo on a lq9, and I had some questions since I’m doing most of the work. Basically The build consists of a lq9 with a 80mm billet turbo, 210# injectors, dual 450s, btr boost cam, dual springs and pushrods, dart pro cathedral heads(came with the truck so I’m going to reuse em) built 4l80 with a circle d triple disk 3600 1dx stall 4.10 gears on a 04 Silverado 4 door

I’ve seen many pics of how to run vacuum lines but that’s mainly off stock intake. Ima be running a Holley hi ram intake. I bought a vacuum block, should that be good enough? Running from the back of the I take from a 3/8 npt to barb fitting?

Also running dual 450 walbro pumps, should I just wire the second one to a Hobbs switch, or should I get a racetronix Hotwire kit for it?

And for the turbo feed, should I get the feed from the oil cooler, or the oil filter, I have the fitting for the cooler just don’t know what to use. For the drain I know as long as it above the oil level, which I put the bung on the front passenger side.

I’m going to be running a aem tru boost controller, what would be the set up to run the lines form the turbo and wastegate to relay? Like the vacuum lines? Or should I just follow the diagram that comes with the controller?

And I’ve heard many people say I should run a compressor for the boost. Should I? I guess it would go connected to the controller.

As far as heater lines, should I delete them and do the bypass? Or is there any way I can put them going another way since it looks like they are going to be in the way? I’m keeping the ac since I live in Houston, TX. So I use more ac than heater.

Last edited by TLCPSilver06; 07-02-2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 07-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 07-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Vacuum block is fine.
Hobbs switch is fine.
You can feed from the stock oil pressure sensor behind the intake manifold, or from the fitting above the oil filter. Either works.
AEM provides all of the vacuum diagrams you need.
Compressors/air tanks for boost aren't necessary for 99.99% of street setups.
You can reroute the heater lines. As long as they get from A to B, it doesn't matter much which direction they go.