Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Ws6. 8 year saga 😂

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 780 Likes on 394 Posts

Make sure your alternator is up to the task to power those fans and all the other electronics you may be running. I installed the same fans on mine vette and they killed my alt.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Make sure your alternator is up to the task to power those fans and all the other electronics you may be running. I installed the same fans on mine vette and they killed my alt.
Well currently it has nothing on the body hooked up. It’s meant to be my track car so all that is pretty low on the priority list at the moment. So all that alternator has to do is run the engine, fuel pump, fans, and trans brake (and the trans currently in it doesn’t even have a brake)... 2021 it might get everything to be street legal
The following users liked this post:
jayyyw (12-15-2019)
Old 02-17-2020, 11:14 PM
9 Second Club

Got a windshield in the car ($180 score too) and got it back to the house. Took the front suspension off the car to put on the tubular goods. New Viking Crusader shocks should be here Wednesday.

Still got some of the body wiring to figure out and a variety of leaks I need to take care of. For being a licensed plumber, I sure got a lot of **** leaking! 😅

After years this VFN hood is finally growing on me. Not looking forward to mounting it lol

The following users liked this post:
AnnivSS (02-21-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 10:50 AM
9 Second Club

So got the fans wired to the 3 relays in the factory headlamp harness and the Holley controlling them. Got my dome sensor in and wired. Mac valve plumbed and wired.

headlights, brake lights, running lights, and windows work! Still have to figure out my blinkers and power locks as they aren’t working (this car was a gutted shell when I got it so these little things eat up time)

Also got my t.brake/2step button wired and the stanging/scramble button wired and working. (Still no brake yet though. The corona virus really put the brakes on some plans for this year)

I’ve drove the car around and it feels pretty good. My front suspension seems tight and doesn’t move very freely (like you pick the car up and it kind stays up up.. push it down and it stays down). So not sure what I got going there.

Ready for a rip!
The following 3 users liked this post by Dragframe:
gjohnsonws6 (05-25-2020), rel3rd (05-25-2020), truckdoug (05-25-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

So got a small tire cash days coming up on the 20th and I’m beating my head against the wall with wiring issues.

My power windows don’t work and the BCM isn’t delivering power to the rap circuit. Jump 12v to the RAP circuit and bam, windows work. I noticed the security light is blinking so I’m kind of assuming the BCM isn’t seeing the resistor in the key. Power locks and keyless entry works though.

second and more important issue (to me) is my damn blinkers! I have tail lights... brake lights... hazards... but no blinkers. I found the blinker flasher was cooked so I replaced it with the same result. I been chasing this for weeks and I just don’t know what the heck is going on. I don’t believe the blinkers have anything to do with the BCM so i believe it’s a issue all it’s own

None of this would matter if the organizers didn’t want the cars to be fully street legal 🙄
Old 06-14-2020, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you checked the turn signal switch?
Old 06-15-2020, 10:34 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by B Mitch
have you checked the turn signal switch?
I just dug up some wiring diagrams on the forum so I’m probably going to climb under there with a meter today and see if it’s working

Quick Reply: Turbo Ws6. 8 year saga 😂