Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSA Supercharger install on a C5 Corvette and what it takes to make it fit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 244 Likes on 169 Posts

Default LSA Supercharger install on a C5 Corvette and what it takes to make it fit.

I have an opportunity to buy a 35k mile old factory original LSA supercharger with a solid isolator and a 2.5" griptech pulleyl for 900 bucks.

No lid and no fuel rails.

I don't care about the lid as I would run a ZL1 lid anyways but a little bummed it's not coming with fuel rails.

Any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated. I know LSAs are not quite the bargain they once were.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

It depends on what you are looking to do. That is a good price to say the least. If you have a mild cam, you can just leave it, but if you have a cam with a ton of overlap, you would want to replace it. You would need injectors, the lower balancer, and maybe some bracketry. HX with pump, and with the amount of boost the 2.5" would give, you probably need a water/meth injection kit unless you go back to a larger upper pulley.

$3.5-4k including your $900 for the supercharger if you can do the work yourself minus the tune assuming you replace the cam, springs, and trunions. Really, good bang for the buck though.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you joyridin. I will preface that I do nearly everything myself.

Car has a Powerbond SFI approved balancer already. Cam is BTR stage 2 N/A. Pac springs CNC ported 243 heads. Of course when my dumbass put the balancer on I was in a hurry and didn't pin it so I would have to do that.

I think the Cam has 2 or 4 degrees of overlap. I know it's not ideal, but I'm not looking for a max effort build. Just having some fun with a street car.

I would have to do an Olson Custom Works snout as this will be going on my C5 with corvette accessory spacing. The Griptech pulley would be resold.

My biggest thing is I don't want to buy this supercharger if its overpriced in todays market to the point where I couldn't resell it for what I have into it.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

That cam is 5.5 degrees of overlap. Perfect for the LSA supercharger. No, that is not a bad price. I would guess it is worth more like $1,100 - 1,200. You will need an adapter to put the LSA on those heads, but Olsen has those also.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

The price is right, but it gets expensive. You need a whole fead setup, fuel rail, injectors, lid, coolant pump, tank, lines, and possibly head adapters or different heads.
I had one and sold it too early. Wish I had bought 10 back when they were cheap.
The following 2 users liked this post by rpturbo:
FormulaBoat (05-22-2022), Homer_Simpson (11-21-2021)
Old 06-27-2020, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well she's here and barely survived the trip. I don't think the fella that shipped this thing has any inkling of anything mechanical. Thankfully the damage was minimal and she will survive. Gaskets got destroyed, the nanny valve got busted (don't need anyways) and the throttle body flange got every so slight smooshed on a corner (easily fixed with a flat file).

Got the snout removed and I am confident enough in this assembly to go ahead and move forward with shipping the snout off to Olson Kustom Works.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Black:
joyridin' (06-29-2020), truckdoug (06-27-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
Well she's here and barely survived the trip. I don't think the fella that shipped this thing has any inkling of anything mechanical. Thankfully the damage was minimal and she will survive. Gaskets got destroyed, the nanny valve got busted (don't need anyways) and the throttle body flange got every so slight smooshed on a corner (easily fixed with a flat file).

Got the snout removed and I am confident enough in this assembly to go ahead and move forward with shipping the snout off to Olson Kustom Works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqM409R6u1g

$900 was definitely a good deal based on what these are up to on ebay now. Not sure if you made a decision on fuel rails but stock ones are typically around 260ish however these Aeroflow ones looked pretty decent. This is what I was going to go with if I didn't get a smokin deal on some used ones. I can't say if they actually are good or not but they'd give you some room or growth plus you can put your fuel feed on either side due to the -AN fittings. Have a look...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LSA-CTS-V-Z...cAAOSwy9VdLSOe
Old 07-10-2020, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you SwapStang. That could fit the bill perfectly. Put the kit in my watch list.

I keep my eyes peeled for a stock rail assy but haven't had any deals pop up. The stock rails are kinda boring anyways.

I need to figure out what I am going to do for a regulator as well. The early C5 Vettes have a separate return line to deal with.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Your better off with a return line on a fuel system than a dead head all day long, any day of the week.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SwapStang
$900 was definitely a good deal based on what these are up to on ebay now. Not sure if you made a decision on fuel rails but stock ones are typically around 260ish however these Aeroflow ones looked pretty decent. This is what I was going to go with if I didn't get a smokin deal on some used ones. I can't say if they actually are good or not but they'd give you some room or growth plus you can put your fuel feed on either side due to the -AN fittings. Have a look...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LSA-CTS-V-Z...cAAOSwy9VdLSOe
Ebay is crazy. Hell the entire second hand Lsa market is crazy.

but I guess most people don’t know you can buy a brand new LSA supercharger for $1700 (no lid or accessories of course).

I have the entire parts list and I don’t believe it crests $3000 for everything if you get the charger for $900

There is a a bit of money in piecing together kits and selling them for a premium

Last edited by Dragframe; 07-10-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

The following users liked this post:
CutLS (09-07-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragframe
Ebay is crazy. Hell the entire second hand Lsa market is crazy.

but I guess most people don’t know you can buy a brand new LSA supercharger for $1700 (no lid or accessories of course).

I have the entire parts list and I don’t believe it crests $3000 for everything if you get the charger for $900

There is a a bit of money in piecing together kits and selling them for a premium
The days of getting them for $900 is gone from what I’ve observed since I literally just got my car together. A brand new one is $1650.... plus $300 for the core and another $125 to ship. This was the route I went because I wanted a brand new one. So that list is a little misleading. The lids on jegs are about $650 now as well. Plus that list leaves off a big one and that’s injectors which used are about $250 for stock ones. You want bigger the sky is the limit. You need adapter plates add $175. The OP needs different pulley spacing so it’s getting custom snout work done at another cost. If you buy all the lsa pulley items but bought a truck motor and need accessories now... it’s a serious snowball effect. One I descended into over the last few months. I have a turbo car and wanted to try something different for my other swap. But since the market is pretty high for everything I’m not worried about recouping my money. Endless torque and who doesn’t love that blower whine!
Old 07-16-2020, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by SwapStang
The days of getting them for $900 is gone from what I’ve observed since I literally just got my car together. A brand new one is $1650.... plus $300 for the core and another $125 to ship. This was the route I went because I wanted a brand new one. So that list is a little misleading. The lids on jegs are about $650 now as well. Plus that list leaves off a big one and that’s injectors which used are about $250 for stock ones. You want bigger the sky is the limit. You need adapter plates add $175. The OP needs different pulley spacing so it’s getting custom snout work done at another cost. If you buy all the lsa pulley items but bought a truck motor and need accessories now... it’s a serious snowball effect. One I descended into over the last few months. I have a turbo car and wanted to try something different for my other swap. But since the market is pretty high for everything I’m not worried about recouping my money. Endless torque and who doesn’t love that blower whine!
Where do you get "new" LSA blowers?

Andrew
Old 07-16-2020, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Where do you get "new" LSA blowers?

Andrew
Gmpartsdirect . About $2000 for the blower itself. Then you gotta buy the other list of stuff.

You realistically should be able to get it done for around $4000 with a brand new blower. Shopping for deals of course.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dragframe
Gmpartsdirect . About $2000 for the blower itself. Then you gotta buy the other list of stuff.

You realistically should be able to get it done for around $4000 with a brand new blower. Shopping for deals of course.
Doesn't seem worth it...I have talked with Magnuson and their dealers can piece together their TVS 2300 Heartbeat supercharger for under $5k.

Andrew
Old 07-16-2020, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Doesn't seem worth it...I have talked with Magnuson and their dealers can piece together their TVS 2300 Heartbeat supercharger for under $5k.

Andrew

Interesting. The retail on a TVS 2300 C5 Corvette kit is well over 7 thousand.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
Interesting. The retail on a TVS 2300 C5 Corvette kit is well over 7 thousand.
Yes, but their application specific kits contain all sorts of extraneous stuff that people that do LS swaps either don't need or can't use. Partial kits are a lot less money.

Andrew
The following users liked this post:
leonpiper69 (10-05-2021)
Old 07-17-2020, 09:44 AM
9 Second Club

Yes, but their application specific kits contain all sorts of extraneous stuff that people that do LS swaps either don't need or can't use. Partial kits are a lot less money.

Andrew
the only thing “extra” the kits come with is fuel system, tuning, and vehicle specific intake.

otherwise you need everything else in those kits.

but yes.. I agree... the LSA market is a complete racket.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got my snout back from Olson. He did a fine job.

Slowly moving forward with this project. Ended up buying a new ZL1 lid as everyone knows finding a used one is next to impossible.

So far I am at 2600 with everything seen below PLUS LSX innovations adapter plates, crank pin kit, and a set of custom billet fuel rails.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

P.S the Griptec pulley and hub that were removed are on fleabay if anyone is in wants or needs.

Quick Reply: LSA Supercharger install on a C5 Corvette and what it takes to make it fit.