Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P106 - boosted

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default P106 - boosted

Getting a P106 on my boosted gen3.

I'm wondering if this is common with boosted configs as the boost could cause a leak around the map mounting point? I can clear the code and it does not come back immediately so I'm not sure this is a voltage issues but did cut down the harness myself (wire tie and soldered) and all was fine until I started tuning in the boosted ranges.

I guess I should also mention I'm having a hell of a time preventing the lean conditions in boost even when the light is off AND I'm getting what I believe are correct KPA reading from the sensor.

Any help/tips/etc in terms of getting this chased down would be appreciated.

Oh and I have the idle sitting at ~850 but as I'm a new tuner and trying to learn the idle sucks, still surges and stalls at time, but that is actually progress as it used to surge and stall all the time!
Old 07-30-2020, 08:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I should mention I get a maf p0101 out of range error too on rare occasions... like just now for example!

I’m thinking the idle is the problem as when it stumbles and nearly stalls it might cause a weird condition and reading more about the P106 leads me to believe these two things are tied together.

might up the idle rpm and throw more spark at it and see if the codes come back. Just used the HPT dynamic override feature (first time use!) for each of the above and it cleaned up the idle a ton.

if I stop throwing codes I can move on to fixing my lean condition with out worrying my components are failing.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by epfatboy
Getting a P106 on my boosted gen3.

I'm wondering if this is common with boosted configs as the boost could cause a leak around the map mounting point? I can clear the code and it does not come back immediately so I'm not sure this is a voltage issues but did cut down the harness myself (wire tie and soldered) and all was fine until I started tuning in the boosted ranges.

I guess I should also mention I'm having a hell of a time preventing the lean conditions in boost even when the light is off AND I'm getting what I believe are correct KPA reading from the sensor.

Any help/tips/etc in terms of getting this chased down would be appreciated.

Oh and I have the idle sitting at ~850 but as I'm a new tuner and trying to learn the idle sucks, still surges and stalls at time, but that is actually progress as it used to surge and stall all the time!
I had similar random P106 code on my LS6 intake under boost however was just random. I switched around my intakes and installed a 92mm and did a BARBED fitting instead and the issue has not come back once. Not 100% sure on that being the solution but can't complain.

Quick Reply: P106 - boosted