Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My fascinating experience with FedEX

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down My fascinating experience with FedEX

I didnt know what section to put this is so i decided to put it in this one because it kinda has to deal with my STS Kit. I ordered my STS kit on the 9th or something like that. Was told it would take 5 business days to get to my house....ok cool i can deal with that. So anyway i am waiting around for days on this thing then i decided to get the tracking number to figure out where it was. Said it was in harrisburg and would arrive the next day (the next day being fri the 16th. Well fri comes and goes and i am thinking to myself "ok well maybe the delivery dude couldnt get around to delivering it" i go to the FedEX tracking page and it says that the package was loaded onto the delivery truck at 6:14am for delivery to my house. O well maybe it will come monday. Monday comes and no package so first i go to a fedex station in west chester for some help. they tell me they only deal with express packages not ground. I ask them to point me in the right direction and to my amazment no one knew what the hell was going on. one lady told me to go to the exton fedex station cause they handle all of the ground packages. I ask for a phone number and it appears that no one at fedex knows any phone numbers for other fedex buildings...fascinating. I cant call them to ask if they even have my package or not, at this point i just want to go and pick it up. So i go down to the exton station and go in the building i meet up with the senior manager (Let the bullshit begin) and tell him my problem and gave him the tracking number. He told me the driver made an attempted delivery on fri at 8am...but the problem with that is...he didnt cause i was home all day waiting for the damn thing. So i tell the manager that no one came and if he did come he didnt leave a notice on the door. Then he told me that it was supposed to be delivered again on monday...which again i was home ALL day and no one came, then he has me wait in his office for 10 min while he tries to find my packagae because he said it might be in the warehouse. so we wait and he comes back and tells me that he has to go and try something else and that he called the driver and couldnt get him to return the call. so then he has me wait 10 more min in his office while he goes and does whatever the hell he did...which was nothing at all because then he comes back and tells me that the package isnt in the truck or in the warehouse and he doesnt know where my $3550 turbo kit is. He tried to call the driver again but no luck. At this point i am fully pissed off after me and my dad take turns "talking" to the senior manager who doesnt know what the hell is going on at his own company we leave and head home....and guess what we saw by the door....NOTHING, nothing at all. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i am still really pissed off. Well that is my fun experiance with FedEX YAY
Old 07-20-2004, 08:29 AM
NKAWTG...N

**** that sucks, did you have shipping insurance on that? Or isn't there some federal law that protects you? I really hope you have something to fall back on so you don't get screwed. Good luck.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

800-762-3725.....tracking info/customer service.....

try that...they can "trace" it if you dont get it today. thats the number we use at work.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy ****, so still no turbo?, mann I would be waiting w/ a shot gun for the fed ex dude
Old 07-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Restricted User

Bad situation, I feel for you. I only send letters overnight via FedEx now. I too had a few bad experiences with them sending/receiving packages. I think part of the issue lies within the "Contracted" drivers. My understanding of their system is that the drivers, at least here in NY, are independant and own/operate their own truck and schedule. I put more faith in the over-paid union guys from UPS or the good old government run USPS. Good luck and be persistant, the anxiety from waiting for a turbo kit has to be unreal!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hopefully you paid for it with a credit card. Don't wait to long to dispute it. If Fed-Ex has lost it, I'd dispute it now. It's not your problem, it is the guy who shipped it.

-Geoff
Old 07-20-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

He called me this morning and he has his kit. Just a slight mix up on Fed Ex's part, but everything is good to go now.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i have called ups before after not receiving a next day air package, they tell me it will be there tomorrow.. i remind them that it was gauranteed to be here today, and they add that NOW it is gauranteed for tomorrow
Old 07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Mine's On It's Way, I Hope They Don't Lose It.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ditto about FedEx, I am currently going thru a dispute about it. Tracking details that it loaded on a truck to be transported from one hub to another, but looks like it just dissappeared.
You'd think with all this new computer tracking systems they have that some type of alarms and whistles would be going off telling some manager: "HEY DUDE, YOU ARE MISSING A PACKAGE", at the end of the day.
Well thats good that you got yours resolved. Sounds like your STS car will be done before mine. Burn a little rubber for me!!!
Have fun with it.
Paul

Quick Reply: My fascinating experience with FedEX