Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

T-Trim + V2 SQ Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 04:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-Trim + V2 SQ Hybrid

Just a heads up.

After talking with Vortech it seems a T-Trim Volute/Impeller combined with a V2 SQ gear drive is available as a custom option. If you want a quiet blower for stealth without the loud V1 gears that normally come with the T-Trim, just ask for a custom head unit.

Found this out while talking to a tech who noted I can upgrade my S-Trim to a T-Trim involving just a swap of the Volute and Impeller, keeping my existing super quiet gears.

The V1 gears are noisy but have heavier duty bearings. These bearings are required for direct cog setups like most Mustangs run. If you are doing an LS1 direct cog Vortech, it's a bad idea. But I think most LS1's are running serpentine drives or serp to secondary cogs which are fine with V2 SQ's.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you might be suprised to hear how quiet my T-trim is. Noise was one of my concerns about getting this blower and it is no issue at all. Only people in the know realize theres a blower under the hood.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool. Am already starting to think of an upgrade, lol.

Will probably wait until next time car is down for major repair. Also need to see how these R1 Slicks hook up 600rwhp on the street. The Vipers have been having great luck up to 700rwhp. I run the same tire sizes.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RMCR, the place that I bought it from said that you could request that the tolerances be made to make the blower as quiet as possible (I was very worried about excessive noise). I did request this but I don't really know if I was just handed a line of bull or if its true.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think they test spin the blowers and will set aside quieter ones upon request based on stock for the week of your order.

But if you want quiet, just request V2 SQ gears and it's assured.

Quick Reply: T-Trim + V2 SQ Hybrid