Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MagnaCharged 2004 GTO

Old 09-17-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MagnaCharged 2004 GTO

Just got my GTO ( Really its my wifes and I let her keep thinking that ) back from the shop that put it in. I was not in the mood to have to tear it down and do all the work like I did on my SS.
Figured this time around I would just go straight for the blower and since the MagnaChargers fit on the GTO so I got one.

So far its great but I haven't been able to drive it other then home thanks to the stupid hurricane Ivan.
First thing I did was pull the tune and see what they did and what I was going to have to do. Found several things so far I would have done different in the tune and will take care of them and hit the dyno to get new numbers.

Now the real fun begins, unfortunately my wife has the mod bug worse then I do.

Stock Bay

Intake Off

Everything off

Blower ON

Airbox

Intercooler Tank

On the Dyno
Old 09-17-2004, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

You have 400hp right now what was your base hp? were you expecting more power?

I want one! nice setup.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Base was 278rwhp, I was expecting to get more around 425rwhp which is around what Magnuson is showing ~130 more hp on a stock GTO. But said that the A4 are getting about 85% of that amount. But after looking at the tune I know why
If you dont let it pull all the way, or close to the new 6500 rev limit you just aint going to get what it has out of it. Also the 3-4 shift is still at 119 mph so I have to goto a dyno by my work and get some efilive logs to see what I can change the 1-2,2-3 and 3-4 shifts to safely.
Whats funny is the magnuson dyno below shows the power peak at 6000 but on my it was still going up and not even close to peaking. I also have to clean up that curve alot and find out what caused the dip from 3100-3400.
[edit] Forgot to add: it still has to break in just a little, poor engine only has 600 miles on her. [/edit]

One big point is that Magnusons Tech support rocked, they helped me alot when the original setup and dyno was only 365, they were more then happy to call the shop, go over the install and help them to get the most out of it

GTO dyno

Magnusons C5 vette dyno

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MagnaCharged 2004 GTO