Old 10-05-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email it to me
heath@abbate.org
Old 10-05-2004, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our STS powered car is driven everday and we love it. It's a joy to have nearly another 200rwhp on tap.It's more quite and stealth then the stock exhaust until you drop the hammer.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trtturbo
Steven, is that you?

Justin, where are you leaking oil from?

Hey Billy
Old 10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy
I've had mine for a few months now, and I love it. Some of the comments are too funny. "What's the turbo doin' all the way back there??"
Gotta love the BOV! And Billy at TRT is awesome.

I get the same crap, "man doesnt that thing lag" or "i wouldnt drive that thing in the rain" My favorite "why didnt i think of that!" and i would really recommend Billy at TRT in Dallas to be your STS dealer!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Default sts turbo

I have had mine for awile and have nothing but problems. Way too much heat, wont shift right. The truck only has 12,000 mile on it. Did anyone have an authorized dealer install theirs?
Old 04-11-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

cant say nothing but good things bout mine...i've had it since thanksgiving and allen and really helps me out when i want to upgrade my system
Old 04-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Teching In

E-mail me please.

Thanks,
Randy
Old 04-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Teching In

6 months now and running strong 8 PSI with Meth, 492 RWHP, 545 RW Torque
Old 04-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by macs406
I have had mine for awile and have nothing but problems. Way too much heat, wont shift right. The truck only has 12,000 mile on it. Did anyone have an authorized dealer install theirs?

Way too much heat? In the exhaust or in the IAT? Both might be tuning issues.

Are you on the stock tranny (if so, don't expect it shift right...)? How much boost? Who did your tune?

My kit went on with less than 10k on the clock.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

i got mine 6 months ago and i am installing it now and tomorrow its going to be ready for drive.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

I have had mind since mid november but didnt get to boost until january!!! No probs other than I had the car lowered 2" and it rips the oil line off and drained all of the oil. Didnt blow motor Ever since nothing but *** kickin! Every one who I take for a ride says "It is like an airplane taking off" LOL Have the 42s sitting here just waitin on SSnakekiller to meet up with me and tune again!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine's not finished yet, but it's really close. I got held up for a long time getting rid of the Borla exhaust and finding a stock I-pipe.

Then I modded the kit a little.

Made a bracket/hanger to help support the turbo from the panhard rod brace. Didn't like the idea of the exhaust pipe holding up the whole shootin' match.

Flipped pipe 3 around, took a little off pipe 4, and added an elbow between 3 and 4 to get pipe 3 a whole lot closer to the lca pivot, so the pipe doesn't have to hang down so low. When I first set it up the "stock" way, with the diff at full droop, and left the pipe low enough to clear it, then when I put the weight back on the wheels, the pipe was way too low for me. (partly because the car is lowered a little, and the lca is in the middle hole of an lca relo bracket too so the lca was lower than stock).

I left the maf up on top, by pulling the top of the radiator forward a couple of inches. (no a/c condensor in the way...) So then I had to make a filler pipe to go where the maf would normally go. This may be where I put a bov eventually. Or not, if/when I do a fmic. That whole pipe section will go away with a fmic. I didn't have the extension wires for the maf, and I have a z06 maf with the integrated iat sensor so I wanted to retain that setup. Had to plug that hole in the pipe that I think is intended for the iat sensor. I never did see anything in the instructions about that hole, or what was supposed to go in it...

I'm thinking real hard about tapping the oil pan for the return line. I bought the tap and matching drill bit yesterday...

60 lb injectors and Walbro fuel pump left to do. Wideband bung needs to be welded into the tailpipe too. Tuning.

Going to make my 97 vette fpr vacuum referenced too. Right now it just doesn't have a vacuum line on it. (I still have the v6 return-type fuel lines on the car...)

Made up a pressure tester for the boost controler, to see how many psi should be added for different turns of the boost regulator. The first 2 turns don't do anything, then it's right at 1psi added for each 1/2 turn of the regulator.

The local f-body club has rented a track for the 30th, so that's my target date.

(oh yeah, I'm planning to put a Wolfe 6pt moly in it too, if it gets here... The interior is already apart and waiting for it to arrive. Put a drag bag on the right rear too while I was under there.) I started the teardown for the various installs in late Jan or early Feb. Time to get it all wrapped up.

Starting from a 12.1 before the turbo. Really curious to see what the new time with the turbo will be.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Default Sts

Sts turbo has been on for about four months and had a few problems but got em ironed out and loving every minute of driving now. Rick and Dave have been super at sts, and Allen Nelson (the tuner @ allen nelson performance) is the greatest period...
Old 04-13-2005, 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep I have had Mine for a while NOW and I am liking it a LOT! Lata, Ark
Old 04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Top notched. I have a 408, FMIC, and fuel system with 75lbs going in as we speak. will be tuning first week of May at Carolina Auto masters by Jeff Creech. I installed a meth kit and gt67 kit(w/ stock motor 130k on the odometer) on a built 4l60e(3500 stall) and 12 bolt(3.73). Flogged the hell out of the stock motor. But the kit is high quality and fun as hell to drive on a stock motor. Will see what she does with a really built setup. Curious tho. Why does that turbo leak is my only complaint. Where is it leaking from?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Hey John D,
Can we see some pics of your set up? I would like to increase my clearence as well.
Thanks!

I haven't had any problems with mine, no oil leaking anywhere but I went crazy with the included teflon tape and bolted everything down nice and tight. I'm thinking of welding the charge pipe/subframe connector on to help keep tighten the body up. The charge pipe still moves no matter how tight I bolt it on. When ever I get some body flex it can hear it moving on the subframes.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PilotMan
Hey John D,
Can we see some pics of your set up? I would like to increase my clearence as well.
I've taken a couple but haven't put them on the computer yet.
I should have taken a couple of "before" pictures too, to show the difference.
It will probably be this weekend before I can get them posted, but I will put a couple up to show how it looks back there now.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

i hate mine, makes way too much power and made me feel bad for buying a sc before hand
Old 04-14-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Hey Purevl, are you rebuilding? What kind of setup on the block are you doing? Whats was your old compression? When you made the 600+.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

im still waiting for the 42lb injectors that were supposed to come with mine but i should have dyno numbers in a few weeks if they get here soon.

Quick Reply: STS Turbos-How Many