Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Blower friedly maf set-ups?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Blower friedly maf set-ups?

What are all of you running for a maf setup? I am going to be switching back to stock maf ends as soon as I can, but what about some of the 85mm maf's. Are they a pain in the **** to dial in with forced induction or simple as long as you can get the right maf table...?
Old 10-10-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running a stock, screened MAF. I had a descreened MAF on there and the car ran fine but the consensus is to run a screened maf on a blower car....so I switched back
I would really like to run a MAF that can read the amount of air that FI puts out and made specifically for the LS1, but no one has really stepped up to do this for us non-engineer types. I know Harlan has a dual maf set up that he did on his own with his super mega know how, but if running stock or bigger its all in the tune then, regardless of which it is, as it will be maxed and you will be adding fuel through edit/hp tuners anyway.
Stick with a stock one is what I've always been told.
J
Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

So what all needs to be done as far as tuning the screened maf? I have read alot about the maf high frequency issues... and what not. What codes am I going to most likely going to be faced with?

This is going to be on a p-1sc / fmic setup at about 5lbs.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xssive
So what all needs to be done as far as tuning the screened maf? I have read alot about the maf high frequency issues... and what not. What codes am I going to most likely going to be faced with?

This is going to be on a p-1sc / fmic setup at about 5lbs.
You will not have any MAF issues/codes with that setup. Leave the MAF table alone if it's a stock MAF.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Ok so if I plan to go over to say 7-8lb setup. Has anyone used the PRO-M bored maf's? I thought I remember reading that they can handle somewhere up to 550 hp without maxing the maf?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock maf table can read up to around 580flywheel hp. If the MAF table is extended out to read to the limit of 512g/s that is around 670 flywheel hp. I think there is an extended MAF table floating around somewhere on here. Someone has to have one.

I think the stock MAF even at 8psi should be able to read the airflow if the table is extended.

Quick Reply: Blower friedly maf set-ups?