Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need some opinions on Redline Motorsports turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hhmhmmmmmmm. Any information of these 2 kits?
For the HP:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...56#post5262656

The PTK will be very similar to their Lt-1 kit with pusher fans and either an a/a or a/w IC. JZ 97 SS 1500 knows all the details and will be selling it.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Turbo Addict

oh, and I don't know if I (MOUSETRAP) said it in the Ls1.com post but base kit price with everything will be $4995.... as of the last time i called. Of course everything you don't need you can get a credit for.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent an e-mail to Redline Motorsports about their kit with a few questions. I also let them know about this thread if they wanted to come in and answer some questions or post some more pics. I have noet heard back form them yet.
Does anyone else have any more info? What size turbo did they go to when the base one stopped making power?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This kit is intresting looking, but I need more info too. More pic's, like under car shots, other angles, etc. would be nice. If anyone has any, please post them up!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Turbo Addict

http://www.4redlinemotorsports.com/i...Cars/ls1turbo/
Old 01-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RMS = Bye Bye AC. Nice location for the turbo in some aspects, like filter cleaning, but the removal of AC for a "street kit" is crazy. I was close to sending my car to PTK before my deployment, but the short notice i had stopepd that from happening, however. I did a lot of communication with Jose, here, his board and emailing. I was very happy to hear one of their goals was to keep ALL accessories, and maximize ground clearance and the list goes on. I also talked with HP guys early on and their goal was the same. Rather than stuff the biggest (not always best) turbo in a marginal configuration they both looked for ultimate performance from a proven package, and the fact they want their kit to be functional, streetable and powerful!

I am waiting for the HP kit to be done and then compare the two before I jump on ones bandwagon. If only their were a updated version of Incon Twins out.

Charlie

Quick Reply: Need some opinions on Redline Motorsports turbo kit