Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need QMP phone number (not actually trying to get a hold of rob

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onfire
Cannibal, all is good.

I was teasing you a little with No.2....I thought you were in med and bro was legal at UK.
I am in medicine.

My brother is not in legal, at least he hasn't pursued it yet.

But I get your jest,
Old 11-10-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
Any company or person that does that is wrong. No just QMP.
I sent a $300 Bov back to qmp and was never refunded for it. It was brand new and never used. I spoke to rob about it and he told me it would be no problem. Umm that was back in july.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onfire
2. Ask your brother about the validity of hearsay evidence.
Exactly regardless of if its your bro or your best friend in the world unless you hear it first person things always will be construed when gossiping from person to person.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Good Luck!! He still stiffed me for N vs. S. My guess is he must be out of business.

Tom
Old 11-10-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
Good Luck!! He still stiffed me for N vs. S. My guess is he must be out of business.
No ****? After all the drama and excuses from him...
Old 11-10-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU

Tom
Damn that sucks man, I remember reading that thread
Old 11-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

QMP charged me $1415.00 for a turbo 2nd week of july ,I still dont have a turbo and they havent sent my money back eather. My creit card company is try to get my money back now.I am pissed and dout i get my money backAny info would be great. JV
Old 11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats a shame, I would like to see what Lingenfelter SS has to say about this, last I heard from him he was having the first TT kit done by them.....he would for sure know whats going on
Old 11-11-2004, 12:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If he was a man, and I dont think he is, ...he would come and post whats happening if there is any validity to it.
Tom, after all those promises, all made public, he never sent you money....amazing.

Hes gonna claim a medical issue again is my guess. He runs through all the excuses.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Warbird
Quote:

I apologize if I come off rash. But I have been bashed for literally months now, called a liar among other thigs, and have up until 2 days ago, bit my tongue. I am still human, I still get mad, and I still make mistakes. In hindsight, I MAY have been more rude than I should have been. But as BlackLS1T/A said, I have been the target of unsubstantiated attacks on me for a long time now. Everyone has their breaking point, and I have reached mine. Right or wrong, I will live with that.

This thread could have been only two posts long had Warbird been a Man and simply answered my question, or proved me wrong. That's obviously still not going to happen. Mainly because I think he now sees this thread as a haven for having others bash me while he sits back and laughs. Why else would he let it go 6 pages long without a REAL answer?

I don't care if this thread gets locked, deleted, or turned into a rotating banner.

This entire episode will without a doubt affect my willingness to respond publicly to Message Boards in the future. This is why you now see so many Vendors that do not. Believe me, it's a subject that ALWAYS comes up when we sponsors/advertisers get together at SEMA, PRI, etc.

Some will see that as a good thing that my posting will be limited. However, I can guarantee you that many will be robbed of the help and knowledge that could be given from our posts.

I have nothing more to say.

I'm not laughing, I'm pissed at throwing thousands of dollars down the drain, and having to spend more to correct someones mistake.

Rob, you forgot to change your user name , I have held back in the hopes that you would offer to fix the problem or at least start to listen to what people had to say instead of being bull headed about the whole thing. Awwwwwwwwww **** it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not here to help, you are her to make money. Being a philanthrapist is the furthest thing from your mind so lets drop the bullshit. Even spending time on the phone with you was a waste of an hour, you didn't offer to help you simply bashed my motor and told me what I already knew "change my exhaust"

Your kit was designed with an inherent design flaw that you know about and simply decided to push the limits of, without informing your customers. You were told this long before you built the kit in the first place. You have not answered yet to the question, "tuner kit/full kit" as to how many big displacement motors this kit has gone into? The reason you ignore it, is because mine is the only one on the road today. You maxed out your 404 and that is why I believe you sold it, it simply wasn't capable of making more power with the design of this log style kit and you knew it.

I have been working to clarify my position and have been in contact with a number of turbo experts in the field. My approach to solving my overheating issue was wrong because with your kit it can't be fixed only masked with the mods I have done. Just to clarify, the motor, placement of the intercooler, new rad, timing have nothing to do with my problem. It's the QMP turbo kit. Your tuner kit is identical in every way to the retail kit, except I chose to provide my own injectors, plugs and tuning.

My engine pumps easilly 50% more gases than a stock displacement engine for starters. The cause of my overheating is your log style manifold and the back pressure it causes in my engine and others. The problem will eventually show up in smaller engines (as breakage), especially when people start to up the boost. On a stock motor with your turbo kit, if you measured internal exhaust pressure under load you would easilly see around 60 psi of back pressure, high and eventually damaging, on my motor I am seeing 90+ psi of back pressure easilly enough to blow off my crossover pipes, crack manifolds, blow off clamps and damage my turbo seals (this is the reason I am blowing oil heavilly).

The fact that I welded my seams was a huge mistake because now pressure has no where to go except back into the motor, and it will eventuall grenade. The simple fact that my motor is still alive is a testament to how well built it was from the start.

Simply put my engine moves far more exhaust than your kit is able to handle, my exhaust backs up under load and where does that exhaust go? Answer; the exhaust is rigid so it trys to find an opening and or it pumps it right back into the motor overheating it. My car does not overheat or even get warm under zero load because the exhaust is able to flow at a slower rate and escape via the normal route (turbo is not spooled). Under load (turbo spooled) it can't, that's why my exhaust and engine resonate under load and the heat builds up very quickly and I start to overheat.

To date everything I have done, passenger header, oil scavenging pump, radiator, better coolant have only helped to mask this far more serious problem. I do know how it will be fixed but I simply won't tell you except to say I will longer have a QMP kit in my car.

You wanted a straight answer there it is, black and white, no more hinting.

I hope you're in this for the short haul on making money with these kits because I certainly smell the same odor I did with Incon. I could give a flying **** what your responses will be, more bashing, more avoiding direct questions, I know it you know it and I will deal with it on my own. I'm done with your games.

Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion

Paul

Hmmmmmm I posted this in September of 2003 year. Somewhat prophetic I guess. I like the second last paragraph

If you do a search on myself, RICE ETR, MightyMouse or Robby boy, I think you'll see all those fun posts in a very different light now. He showed the warning signs almost 2 years ago. I guess some of us were right afterall
Old 11-11-2004, 07:04 AM
9 Second Club

Fastr-thanu....that DOES suck.....a man's word is all he's got
Old 11-11-2004, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warbird, Mightymouse, RiceETR, etc.,
I want to thank you guys for standing up to Raymer. It exposed what kind of person and businessman he is. I was considering his kit, but because of the way he treated his own customers I steered clear and never did any business with QMP. Thanks to PSJ and the moderators also. It looked like a real headache trying to straddle both sides of the fence. In the end I concluded that QMP had too many negative post to do business with. So the information on this site saved me from being one of those caught in the web. Thanks again, Tom.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
Warbird, Mightymouse, RiceETR, etc.,
I want to thank you guys for standing up to Raymer. It exposed what kind of person and businessman he is. I was considering his kit, but because of the way he treated his own customers I steered clear and never did any business with QMP. Thanks to PSJ and the moderators also. It looked like a real headache trying to straddle both sides of the fence. In the end I concluded that QMP had too many negative post to do business with. So the information on this site saved me from being one of those caught in the web. Thanks again, Tom.
Thanks for the support. I and probably many of us would have preferred a happy ending to all of this.

This sight is an incredible resource, but like all resources it's still "Caveat Emptor" you must read carefully between the lines.

Good luck and I hope someone comes up with and all around high quality system for our cars. There are some very promising vendors working hard on that now
Old 11-11-2004, 11:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

All I am gonna say is that when folks ask me to intercede on tardy transactions, I will. I don't take sides. I"m sad to say that after some conversations with Rob prior to NvsS where I was following up on some stuff we stopped getting along. When Dave, Paul, and Jarrod were getting into with Rob in this forum that was when QMP was in full swing and there were maybe only one or two complaints that I was dealing with. Keep in mind that I can be contacting as many as 10 shops a week on one or two deals that were taking a long time. I have taken a firm but fair line with QMP, ARE and other companies.

ADMIN
Old 11-11-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

John,

No complaints on my end for your handling of the matter, you did what you had to do and for the most part I thought you were fair. As you are aware my issue rests solely with Robby boy
Old 11-11-2004, 07:41 PM
I ruin the end of films...

My creit card company is try to get my money back now.
That's the best route to take. The credit card company can do a helluva lot more than someone posting all over the net.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mongse
That's the best route to take. The credit card company can do a helluva lot more than someone posting all over the net.
I agree. They're very impressive at getting money back. At least that's been my experience.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Launching!

I didnt mean for this to turn into a big deal Its just a pipe piece I need to replace but i think i found someone local to do it.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
I have no idea how web business works so as far as deciphering that quote, I can't. I lack the knowledgebase to do so.
I've been working in web business for a little bit now, so I might be able to clarify this a little.

Basically, there are two ways to accept payment online. One is with a direct merchant account, the other is by using a third party payment processor.

The latter is something like Paypal, essentially where the customer is redirected to another site to enter their payment details and that site processes the sale for the merchant who can then transfer the money from that site into a bank account or request a check. Also in that case the name of the payment processing company appears on the customer's statement and not the name of the business selling the product. The "company who set up the website" for the merchant is not involved in the process at all. They might assist the merchant with putting up links to the processing web site or handling security issues but they have no access to anything in the transaction process.

The second way is with a merchant account. This is where the merchant gets an account with a bank for their business to directly accept credit card payments. In this case the name of the company selling the product appears on the customer's statement. What usually happens with this is that the customer enters their payment data directly on the merchant's site. It is then transferred to an electronic gateway service that verifies the accuracy of the information for the bank. If it is found to be accurate it is charged to the customer and the funds are automatically deposited into the merchant's checking account (which is linked to their merchant account). In this case again, no one has access to the money except for the business accepting payment.

So basically (as was stated) the notion that Mr. Raymer's hosting provider or website designer or whatever party you mean by "the company that set up his website" has somehow stolen the money and refused product delivery on Mr. Raymer's behalf is a total non-starter. They only way that could be the case is if Mr. Raymer was stupid enough to give them access to his financial accounts. Having read many of his posts on this forum, I don't get the impression that he was that dumb.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

some good reading starting around july of 03 in search (most of the good stuff deleted)

we tried our best didnt we paul... at least it finally caught up.

Quick Reply: need QMP phone number (not actually trying to get a hold of rob