Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin high flow intercooler worth the upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Twin high flow intercooler worth the upgrade?

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=134

I have really been interested in this kit and I was wondering if upgrading the intercooler would be worth it. Since my engine is mainly stock I will start off with low boost and I was wondering will the high flow intercooler even make a difference in a low boost situtation?
Old 11-21-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kit??? more info is needed all you did was link us to a page with lots of info about different kits...........
Old 11-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
What kit??? more info is needed all you did was link us to a page with lots of info about different kits...........
ATI Procharger P-1SC HO is the kit I'm looking at getting. The page just has a chart at the bottom that shows multiple models.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Depends on were you really want to go and what you will be happy with...... me my goals are probably alot higher then yours so i knew from the stock i wanted more then a base kit...... the D1-SC kit will make more power hands down..... Alot of us have ditched the stock POS twins and went with a large FMIC. If you are evn thinking about wanting to upgrade down the road.. go with the D1-SC......
Kyle
Old 11-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Depends on were you really want to go and what you will be happy with...... me my goals are probably alot higher then yours so i knew from the stock i wanted more then a base kit...... the D1-SC kit will make more power hands down..... Alot of us have ditched the stock POS twins and went with a large FMIC. If you are evn thinking about wanting to upgrade down the road.. go with the D1-SC......
Kyle
Can the D1-SC start off at low boost setting? I remember reading on another board the lowest setting is 12PSI.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
Can the D1-SC start off at low boost setting? I remember reading on another board the lowest setting is 12PSI.

no no man.... its all in relation on how fast you spin the blower.
When i first had my kit i had a small ababy cam 212/218 .522/.529 on a 114LSA and LT's no cats, LS6 intake and the D1-sc with a 6 rib pulley setup.. the stock crank and a 4" blower pulley i saw 4psi @ 6000 rpm's. I wouldnt run over 8 psi on a stock motor and i would but nothing but the 8 rib pulley setup from ATI or the SDCE spring tensioned 8 rib setup.... room to grow for later down the road and no belt slip.
Kyle

Quick Reply: Twin high flow intercooler worth the upgrade?