Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

OBX on TTI Street Kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX on TTI Street Kit ?

Anybody done the FMIC OBX swap on a TTI Street Kit? Just ordered all my parts and it looks like it will go in pretty easy. All the piping is there somewhat only problem is its 2.5 but Im going to try transitions and see what happens. My goal is 550 to 600 RWHP on a mustang dyno, Not too far off from where Im at so I dont think I want to change all the plumbing. Also switching to the Tial 38mm gate, anybody using one?? like it/hate it???

I know it is small but the old Deltagate is holding 500 at the wheels right now so things can only get better ;-)
Old 11-23-2004, 04:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you going to reposition the IC by the front bumper support as well. you might pic up some gains doing that as well, but then you have to make new piping.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I am mounting it same as everyone else on the front bumper support. The plumbing curves around the front on both sides so I was hoping it would be pretty close and maybe only need a couple really short straight sections to couple it. I have already done the license plate cut out mod so its pretty much ready to go. Having the I/C on the radiator doesnt seem to make much sense although I know they were limited by having to design around the stock configuation. I have been pretty happy with the kit so far, the only problem I had was oil backing up in the turbo but I shortened the drain hose and it seems to have cleared up.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

were do you have your drain going into the pan?
if its the upper part of the bottom of the pan that is still sto low for the turbo as the threads of the fitting will stick up about a 1/4 to tap the pan. you should move it to the side of the pan which will put the drain lower then the turbo.
should help your draining problems.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I remember it being in the side of the pan when I was looking for solutions earlier this year. After the new short block went in the hose was shortened and the problem went away. Hawk, did you ever put your setup back together or did you sell it? What wastegate were you running for the HP in your sig? Also did you change some of your exhaust plumbing?

Thanks, Clay
Old 11-23-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

never got to run it with my new griffen IC i got for it. ended selling the kit.

the wastegate was the standard turbonetics deltagate, i had a little boost creep, but looking back it wasnt to bad only about a 1psi worth
i redid the crossover to an under the tranny 2.5" (for a manual) since then turbo tech releases their street kits like that. also had a 3" down pipe that they supplied (second one available)

i realy wanted to have more HP that the kit was capible of producing so i sold it and will be trying something new. I think with a better intercooler and location the kit should do about 600rwhp

ive also been thinking that wastegate upgrade wont effect much. if you think about it the only thing the wastegate really does is bleed off exhaust gasses to limit boost from the turbocharger, and the more HP or boost your running from the small delta gate the more it will benifit it as less exhasut gasses will pass through the small opening of the wastegate and go to the turbo. Im not sure how much more exhaust gas is created though with the increased boost, maybe that is the limiting factor. Id focus on making sure the wastegate has a good exhaust stream back to the exhaust or dumped.

so first thinkg id focus on would be the intercooler, id like ot see your results, i know my IAT were getting high after a pass, would have like to see what changing the IC did, so make sure you get back to us with your results.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I figured the wastegate would help the exhaust flow a little better if nothing else since its 3mm bigger. TTI told be that pressure before the turbo was one of the limiting factors with the kit. Still though its pretty impressive for a $4000 kit (plus T-76 upgrade)

Quick Reply: OBX on TTI Street Kit ?