Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Turbo with wideband O2

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have my cats on with my STS so I am wondering where the wideband should be placed???

Kane

Originally Posted by bae_98Z
Will you lose accuracy if you install this behind the turbo with CATs (assuming STS kit)?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just mount it after the Turbo. Thats What I did today! Lata, Ark
Old 12-15-2004, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How sensative is the NTK sensor to pressure. Thats the sensor that I use. I've tuned two STS cars and many other conventional turbo cars with it. I never thought about the pressure skewing the reading though. I always tune on the conservative side with fuel though, usually shooting for a 11.0-11.5:1 depending on application.

Guess i'll have to do some experimenting to see for myself. If the pressure skews towards stochiometric thats good news for us Kane
Old 12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Hi,

The NTK sensor has 2-3 times the pressure sensitivity of the Bosch sensor. It's less temperature sensitive though which means the temperature regulation part of the controller can be much less elaborate. Skewing to stoichiometric means that it reads leaner than actual when < 14.7 AFR. The richer the gas, the greater the error. When actual AFR > 14.7 it reads richer. Again, the leaner the gas, the richer it reads.

Regards,
Klaus
Old 12-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Launching!

I have the LM1 which is a Bosch sensor I beleive so will it be skewed even more??

Originally Posted by Zombie
How sensative is the NTK sensor to pressure. Thats the sensor that I use. I've tuned two STS cars and many other conventional turbo cars with it. I never thought about the pressure skewing the reading though. I always tune on the conservative side with fuel though, usually shooting for a 11.0-11.5:1 depending on application.

Guess i'll have to do some experimenting to see for myself. If the pressure skews towards stochiometric thats good news for us Kane
Old 12-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Teching In

I have the LM1 which is a Bosch sensor I beleive so will it be skewed even more??
No, the Bosch sensor is 2-3 times LESS sensitive to pressure than the NTK. If the NTK skews the readings by 0.3 AFR the Bosch sensor would scew it between 0.1 - 0.15 AFR.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo with wideband O2