Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got a FMU on a STS system question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Got a FMU on a STS system question?

I got a STS system that I just installed on my LT1 motor. The motor was built for the turbo system. I have larger injectors (42lbs) for low boost 8 or 9 lbs and programming has started for the system already. I have a methanol injection system on the car for High boost Not sure BUT around 16lbs or so. Should I get a FMU for this system also and if so what type? I was told from STS that the meth system would be enough BUT I am just wondering what you guys think? I have bin putting this together for over a year! I just dont want to run lean and screw this thing up. What do you guys think? Thanks, Lata, Ark
Old 12-12-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The meth will compensate for a lot of fuel! The 42lb injectors are great, but with methanol, I doubt you will ever come close to using the full potential of the 42's. As long as you have a good in tank fuel pump or in line fuel pump, you will be set. The meth can add enough fuel on top of the injectors to run 5+ psi. If you went with a big jet, even 10psi over the low boost setting. But that is quite a bit...

btw 8 or 9 psi with no cooling is going to require you to tune for really low advance due to the high IATs which is going to hurt u on the methanol. Is this why you want the FMU?

What is your compression ratio?
Old 12-12-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My Ratio is 8.5 to 1.

Sounds Like the Meth will take care of the High Boost and it is a Big Jet, I have 2 diff. ones so I can adjust it a little there as well if needed. I have a new Wallburo (SP?) 255 fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (if its needed?).

AS for why I wanted a FMU? I just wanted to know if I needed it? I am NEW to all this and most of my decisions were made on the recomendations of someone else. Some of what he told me was not accurate so NOW I am questioning everthing he told me? I just want it to be safe and make lots of power!

I did not think about the intake air temp. SO now I got a few questions for you. Will the 8.5 to 1 ratio help with offset that and would you think going down a few lbs on the low boost settings might be advantagous? I can always go up a few on the HIGH setting to hit my ultimate target! Low is just gona be for driving around and what not. If I want to race someone its going to be switched to high! What do you think?

Thanks for the help, Ark
Old 12-13-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SSnakekiller or anyone else.

WHat do you think?

Lata, Ark

Quick Reply: Got a FMU on a STS system question?