Olsd School D3 procharger project

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Olsd School D3 procharger project

hi folks, hoping you will endulge me a bit here

I am building a tube frame 540 eagle BB drag car and need some help

it's a 67 camaro that will weigh in around 2800, 3k with me in it.

I am looking for the best deals on the folloiwng parts

Big Stuff 3 EFI Computer
2000 cfm dominator flange throttle body
BG sumo pump (200 hp flow) (summit maybe)
air water intercooler, 4 inch inlets, must flow 2000 cfm
modified intake manifold for EFI (I have one, could weld on the bungs)
fuel rails
big injectors (thinking 160 lb flow)

also looking for advice on the best shops in the Northern VA/MD east coast area to help me build this thing. I am getting a "roller" chassis car minus engine with all the fiberglass in place for a good deal. I have bought the 540 short block, 345 dart heads, and have much of the parts for the engine already.

if anyone has some used raced parts, I am in the market. any good sites to browse??

thanks alot for any advice. I will keep everyone posted on progress.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man.........

www.racingjunk.com very good place to shop for stuff, though i've never bought or posted on there. just seen a bunch of stuff all catagorized nicely. i may have a buddy of mine that can hook you up with the dominator t-body...2000cfm. i may also be trading mine for an elbow style setup with a 105mm t-body as it seems it has a bit lower profile which is needed around the cowl area on the newer f-bodies. let me do some homework this week and find out the height difference. my homepage can be found by left clicking on my user name, scrolling down to "visit PRAYHRD's hompage" and clicking that, and then just scroll through the pics towards the bottom. i may also be able to set you up with the air/water intercooler by friends looking to part with it. i'll let you know.

later,
Dave
Old 12-18-2004, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks Dave. I have looked at racing junk and will check it out to have a look.

expensive project, need to save all I can. the Ms saw the bank statement today and beat me up a bit. car should be hoot when done. looking for a BIG blow off valve too to keep from tossing belts on shutdown. thanks for the solid advice.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

any other thoughts on sources for these parts???

hey vendors, step up, $$$ are on the table.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

You could probably get Big Stuff 3 from W2W (Wheel to Wheel Powertrain) they're a sponsor here.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NumberOneSled
You could probably get Big Stuff 3 from W2W (Wheel to Wheel Powertrain) they're a sponsor here.

I am definitely going with the BS3. looks like some 95 lb delphi injectors from racetronix is a good deal. the 540 short block just got shipped. man I am stoked. going for a very conservative 1000 HP in a 2600 lb car.

it should be a handful. hopefully my 93 LPE ZR-1 will sell in time to fund this project. it's gonna cost me!!!

thanks for indulging me guys. I don't want to hassle with an emissions car, and this "old school" F body should be just the ticket.

I still have my 95 LPE ZR-1 for the street, along with the 'ol turbo buford.

love the forced induction. it's a kick!! this will be my first ATI procharger project. would have preferred to go with a turbo, but the budget just wouldn't allow, and hopefully I can get the big D3 to punch out some smooth torq and get everything calibrated well.

looking for more hints guys, still learning!! TIA for any tips/thoughts.

Quick Reply: Olsd School D3 procharger project